Samsung has finally released the Official Update of Android 8.0 Oreo for Galaxy S8 Plus. You can directly install it on your device using Odin. Samsung has rolled out this update to some regions via OTA (Over-the-air), but if you did not receive the update yet, you could manually download the flashable zip from the tutorial below.
Also, this is the brand’s first Oreo Firmware disregarding the Note 8’s accidental roll-out. Luckily, you can test it out on your device using our tutorial below. Just keep in mind, this is an Official Firmware for Galaxy S8 Plus, not a custom ROM. Official Firmware is completely unbranded, which means, there is no additional tweaks or pre-installed apps inbuilt.
|Android Pie: Update Galaxy S8 / S8+ to Android 9.0 Pie Beta (One UI) official firmware|
You may also like:
|Official Galaxy S9 wallpapers, themes and apps [port]||Install Official ViPER4Android Audio Effects on Android 8.1 Oreo|
|Get Google Pixel 3’s Flip to Shhh feature on any Android phone||Download Night Sight camera APK port [Pixel 3 feature on your device]|
You can quickly Update Galaxy S8 Plus to Android 8.0 Oreo using the tutorial below – and also root Galaxy S8 Plus phone on this firmware.
You may like this: Top 40 Android Apps for Rooted Devices in 2018
Remember: We will be playing a clean flash; your entire data will be wiped clean — like a brand new phone.
Samsung user can use Smart Switch to backup data on the computer. Samsung Smart Switch allows user even to move data from one device to another of different variant (like moving data of Galaxy S7 to Galaxy S8).
Read the tutorial below to get all the necessary steps to perform a clean flash on your Galaxy S8 via Odin.
If flashing via Odin is not a new task for you, this guide would not be much difficult. We have covered entire step-by-step tutorial so that a new user can perform the flash quickly.
WARNING: All the custom ROMs, Official Firmware, How-to guides, tutorials, roots, hacks, and tricks mentioned on our site belong to the respective developers. We are not responsible if anything goes wrong with your device. Perform it at your own risk.
NOTE: This tutorial is only for Samsung Galaxy S8. Do not try this Firmware on any other variant of Galaxy Phones.
Android 8.0 Oreo for Galaxy S8 Plus (Supported models):
- SM-G955F – XXU1CRAP
- SM-G955FD – XXU1CRAP
Features of Android 8.0 Oreo for Galaxy S8 Plus
This awesome stock firmware comes with a lot of cool new features based on Android 8.0 Oreo. A quick list of main features are given below, and we hope you would love to use it on your device.
- Samsung Keyboard Gets Big Improvements
- Notification Channels & Pin/Snooze Functionality
- New Edge Lighting Effects
- App Shortcuts
- Hide Albums in Gallery
- Custom Color Picker for Folders
- Revamped ‘About Phone’ Menu & Settings Search
- Dual Messenger Comes Standard
- Lock Screen Accent Colors
- New Always On Display Options
- Better Screenshot Labels
- Transparent Notifications
- AutoFill Service
- Revamped Search Menu
- H-Fi Bluetooth Codecs
- Updated Music Notifications
- More Control in the ‘App Info’ Page
- Bixby Vision Button in Camera App
- HDR Option Moved to Camera Settings
- App Icon Badges
LIKE this Stock Firmware for Galaxy S8 Plus? We love it too, and we know you are looking forward to installing it on your phone. Please read the important information below before starting the tutorial.
Galaxy S8 Plus USB Driver
Make sure you have correctly installed Galaxy S8 Plus USB Driver on your computer. If not, please download from any official source and install it correctly. Otherwise, your computer will not detect your device.
Backup your Android Device
Before starting the tutorial, we strongly recommend you to make a full backup of your phone. Otherwise, you may lose your important data while flashing. If possible, take a full Nandroid Backup via TWRP or pick an App from the Top 10 Best Android Backup Apps – to Secure your Data.
Things to Remember
- Make sure your phone has at least 80 – 85% charge. If not, please do charge it before starting the experiment.
- This tutorial will WIPE OUT all your DATA. Make sure to create a Backup of everything before starting the tutorial.
- You need to enable USB Debugging mode to connect your Android phone to computer. (Settings > About Phone > Build number > Tap it 7 times to become developer; Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging.)
How to Update Galaxy S8 Plus to Android 8.0 Oreo Official Firmware
We have mentioned full step-by-step instructions on how to install Android 8.0 Oreo Official Firmware on Galaxy S8 Plus. If you are entirely new to flashing a Custom ROM or an Official Firmware, please read the entire tutorial once before actually performing it on your device.
Rooting Warning: If your device is already rooted, you are going to lose it. If you want root access, you need to root again after flashing this firmware.
Custom Recovery Warning: If you have a custom recovery like TWRP installed, you are going to lose it. It will be replaced by the Stock recovery of Samsung.
TUTORIAL: (Step by Step Guide)
Step 1: Download Android 8.0 Official Firmware for Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus from the links below and extract it on your computer:
- SM-G955F – Android 8.0 Oreo | Version: G955FXXU1CRAP (from Turkey Region)
- SM-G955FD – Android 8.0 Oreo | Version: G955FXXU1CRAP (from India region)
Step 2: Download Odin Software and install it on your computer.
Step 3: Turn off your phone. Now go to the Odin Mode. How? Press and hold Volume down + Power + Home button until you see a warning message. Press Volume Up to enter to the download mode.
Step 4: Open Odin on your computer and connect your device while in download / Odin mode.
Step 5: Odin must recognize your phone. If your computer detects the phone correctly, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. You will see “Added!!” message is appearing in the Log box. This might take some minutes.
Step 6: Load the Firmware into the Odin. You need to select the files that you had extracted in step 1.
- Click on ‘AP’ and select file with ‘AP’ in its name.
- Click on ‘CP’ and select file with ‘MODEM’ in its name. (Ignore this step if there is no such file).
- Click on ‘CSC’ and select file with ‘CSC’ in its name. (Ignore this step if there is no such file).
- Click on ‘PIT’ and select the .pit file. (Ignore this step if there is no such file).
- Click on ‘BL’ and select file with ‘BL’ in its name. (Ignore if there is no such file).
Step 7: Check the following options in Odin:
- Auto Reboot
- F. Reset Time
- Re-Partition (if you selected a .PIT file)
Step 8: HIT the Start button in Odin and your installation should start now! Hold on; it will take a couple of minutes to complete.
Step 9: Once the installation is complete, your phone will reboot. Unplug your device and you are done!
Hurray! Your Galaxy S8 Plus has been updated to Android 8.0 Oreo Official Firmware. Check Setting>About Phone to verify!
If you encounter any problem, please comment below, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Please don’t forget to share if you have found this post helpful!