Creation of an e-commerce website and its launching is a significant stage in the development of one’s business, no matter if it’s a start-up or a well-established company with a fair customer base. Hence, it’s important to invest in a well-organized website structure and marketing strategies.
Maintaining a remunerative e-commerce website by constant engagement with customers is a difficult task indeed. The average cart abandonment rate is 69.2%. Selection of proper strategies play a major role in the strengthening of ecommerce sales. In this very competitive world of online business, retailers tend to take advantage of the complex algorithms for tracking and predicting the customer’s needs and also they try to deliver the same at the earliest. As a result, effective marketing is needed to reach the audience repeatedly over time to build the trust and gradually encourage sales.
Let’s go through some of the tactics which enable long term connections with customers and attract new buyers.
Essential marketing strategies for your e-commerce business
- Create Attractive Layouts with Original Content
Be creative. Be original. Creating high quality original content is like putting your site out there for customers to interpret how good it is. It’s like making a statement of your own. The goal is to promote attractive content that compels audience to interact with you and purchase from you.
A user-friendly interface is extremely necessary if you have a wide variety of target audience. People tend to shop online because it’s easy. Make it worth their while. Availability of different languages and well-sorted categories can reduce the customer’s work so that when they open your site, they exactly know what they’re doing. Also flaunt the reviews you receive. Layouts with pastel coloured or light coloured background can emphasise the content. You can even read the case studies of Journal Review to experience some best tactics of various Business Marketing techniques for your ecommerce site.
- Marketing Through Various Different Media
- Social Media Marketing – Social media is the biggest platform where you’re provided with a fair engagement rate and hence, the most powerful tool that allows you to communicate with your industry, customers and market personally. Maintenance of your company’s personality through concepts like style, theme, tones etc. develops consistency which is a major element to impart trust in customers. Make sure to update each and every detail upon social media according to your brand equity.
- Email Marketing – Email marketing is one of the effective ways of reaching out to your customers. Once again original and useful content is indispensable. Transparency is the key. Be casual and easy. Try socializing. Talk about your company, offer valuable promotions, and give brief descriptions about your products or services and their features. Rewarding your loyal customers will lead to better marketing through word of mouth. Grab their attention, gauge their interest and keep them engaged with your mails.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
As today’s Search Engine Optimization standards have been raised to another level, it’s mandatory to keep your website constantly updated with rich and relevant content as to promote a good user experience (UX). Make sure that it’s optimized to be error-free as possible. Including categories, subcategories and dividing the available subcategories further into small segments widen your reach in information. Exclude slow-selling items. You can even try ranking your website for the particular keywords with which you want it to appear so that people who search in internet will get to know about your site in the Google’s first page result. You can achieve this by building quality backlinks to your website.
- Pay-Per-Click Marketing
Three basic elements (Should be strictly synchronized):
- The Ad
- The offer
- The landing page
Where the ad is followed by landing page in which the customer gets what was promised when clicked on the ad. Keep it free from distractions.
- Target Wearable & VR Technology
Targeting wearable and Virtual reality (VR) is another technique that grabs user’s attention. It’s quite new that people are not yet habituated to this technology. As a result, the target audience are very refined. Engagement is limited.
The process of tracking customers who’ve already purchased something from your website once or more and dropping advertisement while they’re browsing the internet with the intent of getting them back on your website.
Staying up-to-date with the latest marketing strategies is mandatory for your website to flourish. Rich, useful and original content should be promoted through a well-designed interface with adequate amount of offers and reward points. Try to reduce cart abandonment rate as possible. By following the above mentioned right marketing tactics, you can easily improve your sales rate and can even attract sustainable business which will improve over time.