Engaging the audience is the best way to rule the digital world. Be it through gaming, music, creating means and many more. Once the user gets indulged in these activities, then their spending time increases on the website. And all these are done by Discord bots. What are Discord bots? It is a group messaging platform designed with Artificial Intelligence that can perform several tasks on your server automatically by a single command. For example, welcoming new members, banning trouble makers, or creating a new group or server.
The best benefit of these discord bots is it allows you to continue your music listening along with enabling you to perform various other activities. The server is efficient and provides you with everything from the latest to oldest music albums or songs. This is the uniqueness of discord bots and a highly considered reason to use them. Therefore, bots can help you do everything to automate mundane tasks to start playing music across your server. You can simply download the application and start your journey with bots or alternatively can create your own bot.
These are some of the steps you need to follow to create your own bot.
- Create application on discord– After creating your account, you need to create an application on discord in order to make your bot work. This step takes a bit of effort but it is not that complex. The goal here is to get an authorization token for the bot so that discord recognizes your code and adds it on its server. Firstly, make sure that your account is logged in, and you step directly to my account and start a new application. Give the bot a name, and hit the button save changes. Then, on the right-hand side menu, click on bot. Then click on add bot option.
- Get your token– In the box marked app bot user, find the word token and hit the button, after you click on token you will receive a code which is your bot authorization code. Do not share this code with anyone, as whoever has this token, has an authority to run the bot, which means you can even lose the control of your own created bot. And even, if you think that your code is compromised it is very simple to generate the new one, by clicking on generate a new token button.
- Find your Client ID– If there receiving the token, now scroll up to the box marked app details and find your client ID, your client ID is a long number. Copy the number and add it to your URL, again copy the URL with your client ID number. This will take you to a website where you can navigate discord where to send your bot. Once this process is done, when you open the discord, the channel will say a bot has joined the room, and you’ll see it on the right-side menu under the online members list.
- Create a folder– You can create a folder for your bot, on your computer for better convenience. An easy to reach place, where you can save all your bot files. Simply name the folder like ‘discordbot’ or mybot’. So that you know what exactly it is. Hence, doing so will keep your bot files safe, so next time whenever you look for them you can easily find them.
- Use text editor– Text editor will simply enhance the appearance and functional language of your bot and make it stand out. The texts in the bot are for command, and redirecting them as per the user’s wish. Therefore, write and format a text well, to synthesize user command. Using text editor is essential to do so.
What are some of the best discord bots?
- MEE6– It is a bot that enables its user to automate tasks like sending welcome messages. You can also create custom commands to kick users that post ads, and share irrelevant links and spammy content. The best feature of MEE6 is being able to assign roles to users and sending messages in the current DM channel. Another, best feature of it is you can permanently or temporarily ban the user of the next 30 minutes based on the parameters that you set.
- Dank Memer– If you want to make your discord experience fun, then just add dank Memer bot to your list. This allows you to send the meme in between the conversation, and you can even create your own meme with the help of it. The dank Memer bot create fun to your channel, you must definitely add this to your list if you are a fun lover.
- ProBot– It is like a modernization tool, which lets you customize your welcome messages. It simply allows you to set a tone for your server. In addition, it allows its users to ban users that violated your guidelines. Auto-moderation helps you to mute the member, or delete repeated messages, and warn users for mentioning irrelevant words. Hence, the idea of it, I to provide a user-friendly server and one which fits under the community guidelines.
Discord bot is highly recommended technology of modern generation, as it serves many purposes with smart AI technology. Hence, you can create your own bot with some simple methods. The methods are simple but quite tricky and might not work out at first, you need to give a good amount of your time into it to create the bot and make it run. Moreover, you can refer to some of the best bots and study their popular features, to make your bot stand out.
Leave a Reply