In the world of mathematics, the rational number is the type of real number which can be perfectly represented in the form of P/Q where Q will never be equal to 0. Any kind of fraction which comes with a non-zero denominator is known as the rational number and some of the basic examples include 1/2, ¾, and several other kinds of related things. Number zero is also considered to be a rational number because it can be represented in the form of 0/2, 0/1, 0/3, and several other kinds of related categories.
Hence, the rational number is the best way of defining any kind of number which can be perfectly represented in the form of P/Q and this will fit into any other kind of category as well very easily. Whenever the rational number has been divided the result will always come in the form of decimals which might either be the terminating decimal or the repeating decimal.
There are different conditions of identification of the rational numbers that have been explained as:
- It will be represented in the form of P/Q and Q will not be equal to 0
- The ratio of the P/Q will be further simplified and represented in the form of decimal very easily.
The set of rational numbers can also include positive, negative numbers, and zero and can be perfectly expressed as the fraction in the whole process.
There are different types of rational numbers and the following are the basic components of the world of rational numbers:
- All the real numbers will be categorized in the category of rational numbers
- All the real numbers will be including the integers
- All the integers will be involving the natural numbers
- Every whole number will be a rational number because every whole number can be expressed in the form of friction without any kind of problem.
Read Also Why online tutoring has become so popular?
The very basic standard form of the rational number can be perfect to find if it’s no common factors aside from the one between the dividend and divisor and therefore the divisor will be positive. 12/36 will be the rational number but it can be further simplified in the form of 1/3 and the common factors between will be the one. It is also very much important for the kids to be clear about the entire process of positive and negative rational numbers so that there is no problem at any point in time and everything has been perfectly sold by the kids so that they never have to deal with any kind of complication in the whole process.
Following are the basic arithmetic operations to be performed on the rational numbers throughout the system:
- People can go with the option of performing the addition of the rational numbers and for this purpose, the denominator always has to be kept the same.
- People can go with the option of performing the selection of the rational numbers and for this purpose, they also need to make the denominator the same
- One can also go with the option of performing the multiplication of two rational numbers because the numerator and denominator of the rational number can be perfectly multiplied without any kind of problem.
- Division can also be undertaken in this particular category without any kind of hassle and everything will be very much capable of fulfilling the overall goals out of any issue.
More: Teaching online: What mobile apps to use to make it easier?
As the rational number can be represented in the form of P/Q which will be the fraction the multiplicative inverse will always be the reciprocal of the given fraction throughout the process. Hence, it is the responsibility of the people to be clear about the concept of irrational numbers side by side so that they can have a good command over the entire thing. Depending upon the professionals from the house of Cuemath is the best way of ensuring that people can deal with these things very easily and fetch good marks in exams.