- The Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra offers superior battery life with the same 5000mAh battery as its predecessor.
- The device shows remarkable improvement in battery efficiency, lasting even longer than a full day.
- Comparing the battery life of the Galaxy S24 Ultra with that of the Galaxy S23 Ultra reveals that the newer model surpasses its predecessor in nearly all areas tested.
- The most notable improvement is seen in 4K video playback, which shows a staggering 45% increase.
- The more efficient Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 for Galaxy processor contributes significantly to the improved battery life.
- Users can expect an additional 30 minutes to an hour or even more of screen-on time with the new device, depending on their typical usage.
- The trade-off for the higher quality images that capture more detail and nuance is a reported 33% decrease in camera capture minutes.
The latest Samsung Galaxy S24 series is out in the market, and while it may not bring any significant hardware upgrades, Samsung still needs to catch up. According to a report by Robert Triggs, the new Galaxy S24 Ultra boasts a remarkable improvement in battery efficiency. The device offers superior battery life with the same 5000mAh battery as its predecessor.
The report details a comprehensive battery test that covers typical mobile tasks such as automated web browsing, 4K video playback, 4K30 video recording, photography, and hosting a Zoom call. The total runtime is then calculated based on the battery drain. With this commendable battery performance, users can enjoy prolonged usage of their Galaxy S24 Ultra without worrying about running out of battery quickly.
Upon comparing the battery life of the Galaxy S24 Ultra with that of the Galaxy S23 Ultra, the report reveals that the newer model surpasses its predecessor in nearly all areas tested. The most notable improvement is seen in 4K video playback, which shows a staggering 45% increase. Other areas, such as gaming, web browsing, and 4K recording, also exhibit enhancements, lasting 16% longer on the S24 Ultra. These consistent improvements suggest that the more efficient Snapdragon 8 Gen 3 for Galaxy processor contributes significantly to the improved battery life. Qualcomm’s announcement aligns with this, stating that the Snapdragon 8 Gen 3’s CPU is 20% more efficient than the 8 Gen 2’s.
It is worth noting that while some improvements have been made to the latest Galaxy S24 Ultra, these enhancements are not uniform across all features. For instance, the results of Zoom calls remain relatively similar on both the new and older phones, most likely attributable to the higher demands on networking and other components. However, potential customers of the Galaxy S24 Ultra should be mindful of the reported 33% decrease in camera capture minutes, which is likely due to the advanced image processing techniques employed in the S24. Despite the reduction in the number of photos that can be taken, the trade-off is higher quality images that capture more detail and nuance.
“Get ready for some serious battery life! The Galaxy S24 Ultra takes last year’s impressive battery performance to the next level, lasting even longer than a full day. You won’t have to worry about constantly searching for an outlet anymore!”
The Galaxy S24 Ultra boasts an impressive battery life, capturing over 1,400 photos on a single charge. This is more than what an average user would take in a day. However, for the professional photographers who have a heavy daily workload, the battery life might get affected and result in less remaining battery life at the end of the day, as compared to the S23 Ultra.
Overall, the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra has always been known for its exceptional battery performance. However, rumors suggest that its successor, the Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra, is expected to exceed its predecessor in this regard. According to reports, the Galaxy S24 Ultra is likely to provide an average gain of 10% in battery life across all tests. This means that users can expect an additional 30 minutes to an hour or even more of screen-on time with the new device, depending on their typical usage. This is a remarkable achievement for Samsung’s latest premium flagship and demonstrates the company’s commitment to providing the best possible user experience.