From this post, you will be able to unlock the bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro easily. The device was released a couple of months ago, and it has already hit the Indian market. It is the successor of Redmi Note 7 Pro, which is one of the most popular budget smartphones in 2019. Just like its elder sibling, we are sure that the Redmi Note 8 Pro will get much response from the developer community. If you are an Android freak and you love to customize your phone by accessing root files, you need to unlock the bootloader first.
Like most of the smartphones, the Redmi Note 8 Pro also comes with a factory lock which shall resist you to access the root files. So, using the tutorial given below, you can unlock the Bootloader of your Redmi Note 8 Pro and utilize the full potential if your phone. Once you unlock your phone, you will be able to install a custom recovery and flash whatever you want.
We have a tutorial below on how to unlock the bootloader on Redmi Note 8 Pro. You need to have a few tools on hand in order to unlock the bootloader. We have provided the download link of the necessary software as well; keep reading and do not skip a single step. Otherwise, you may miss something which shall cause a problem for you.
The Redmi Note 8 Pro comes with Mediatek Helio G90T chipset, which is pretty robust at this budget, along with a 64 MP camera that makes the phone best on its segment. The battery is upgraded to 4500 mAh from its predecessor, which was 4000 mAh. It comes with MiUI software from Xiaomi, which is a customized OS having several extra features. But that’s not enough. If you want to utilize the full potential of your phone, you must have to unlock it.
The mechanism to unlock is simple if you follow it correctly. We have written this guide so carefully and in detail so that a first time user can understand it easily. But still, if you are unlocking a phone for the first time, we recommend you to read the entire guide once before actually performing it on your device.
About Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro
|Network||GSM / HSPA / LTE (Global)|
|Chipset||Mediatek Helio G90T (12nm)|
|Memory||microSD, up to 256 GB (uses shared SIM slot)|
|Primary Camera||64 MP, f/1.9, 26mm (wide), 1/1.7″, 0.8µm, PDAF, 8 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide), 1/4.0″, 1.12µm, 2 MP, f/2.4, 1/5″, 1.75µm (dedicated macro camera), 2 MP, f/2.4, 1/5″, 1.75µm, depth sensor|
|Front Camera||20 MP, f/2.0, (wide), 1/3″, 0.9µm|
|Display||IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors|
|Size||6.53 inches, 104.7 cm2 (~84.9% screen-to-body ratio)|
|Resolution||1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~395 ppi density)|
|OS||Android 9.0 (Pie); MIUI 10 (Upgradable)|
|Battery||Li-Po 4500 mAh battery|
The phone comes with MiUI 10 based on Android 9 Pie operating system out of the box. But recently, it got updated to Android 10 based MiUI 11, thanks to the OEM. So, now, it is certain, you will be able to see LineageOS or other custom ROM based on the latest Android 10 for the Redmi Note 8 Pro in the Android community. Moreover, you will be able to use Android 10 specific modules from the Xposed framework on your device.
Once you unlock your phone, you can install a custom recovery like TWRP and flash Magisk ZIP to root your device. We also have a tutorial on how to root Redmi Note 8 Pro using Magisk or SuperSU utility. So proceed to the guide below, but before starting the tutorial, check out some vital information and prerequisites which would be required while unlocking.
Benefits of Unlocking Bootloader on Redmi Note 8 Pro
There are many benefits of Unlocking Bootloader on an Android device. Android Enthusiast or super users love to use root App from Play Store and XDA forum. So, for them, Unlocking Bootloader is the first step to experiment. Some of the main benefits of Unlocking Bootloader are:
- Rooting: You can root your device using Magisk or SuperSU once you have a unlocked phone.
- Custom ROM: You can try out some of the cool Custom ROM out there in the community forum for your device.
- Custom Recovery: You can replace your current stock recovery with Custom Recovery like TWRP. Recovery helps on flashing any kind of supported ZIP files on your device.
- System modification: You can modify your Android OS in the way you want using some Xposed Modules or Magisk Modules.
- Clean Flash: Sometimes, updating software via OTA can cause bootloop issues on your device because of existing cache from the older OS. You can clean flash the official ROM ZIP using TWRP by erasing the previous version, which gives a fresh OS.
Thanks to Xiaomi for providing a simple mechanism to unlock the bootloader with the Mi Unlock tool. But before heading to the tutorial, please check out the pre-requisites below. Make sure to fulfill all before proceeding to the tutorial.
Backup Redmi Note 8 Pro (Warning)
Unlocking the bootloader on Redmi Note 8 Pro will erase everything from your phone. This includes SMS, photos, apps, videos, games, contacts, or anything on your internal storage. So, before proceeding to the tutorial, make sure to back up everything from your device. This backup application list might help you:
Once you are sure that you have completely backed up your data, proceed to the tutorial below to unlock bootloader on Redmi Note 8 Pro using Mi Unlock tool.
- Make sure your phone has at least 80 – 85% charge. If not, please do charge it before starting the experiment.
- You need to enable USB Debugging mode to connect your Android phone to computer. (Settings > About Phone > Build number > Tap it 7 times to become developer; Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging).
- Enable OEM Unlock: Settings > Developer options > Enable OEM unlock.
- You must install Android SDK tool on your computer.
Download Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro USB Driver
Make sure you have correctly installed Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro USB Driver on your computer. If not, please download from any official source and install it correctly. Otherwise, your computer will not detect your device.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial below to unlock Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro bootloader.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro
We have mentioned the full step-by-step instructions on how to unlock bootloader on Redmi Note 8 Pro using Mi Unlock tool. If you are entirely new to rooting, flashing a Custom ROM or an Official Firmware, please read the entire tutorial once before actually performing it on your device.
- The first step is to get the unlock permission on your Mi account. So, in order to get that access, you need to have a Mi account first. Also, make sure your account has a mobile number verification as well.
- Go to Settings > Additional settings > Developer option and bind your approved Mi account under Mi Unlock Status.
- Now, login into the following page:
- You might get some Chinese pages in the login window. You can use Google Translate to know the messages shown there.
- Now, once you are logged in, you will be able to see the “Apply for permission to unlock Mi devices” page. From there, you can download the “Mi Unlock tool” on your PC.
- Next, boot your Redmi Note 8 Pro into Fastboot Mode. How? First, powering it off and then turn it on while pressing and holding Power + Volume Down buttons simultaneously. Hold until you see your phone is booted into Fastboot mode.
- Connect your Redmi Note 8 Pro to the computer using compatible USB cable (preferably, the official one, provided by Xiaomi with the phone box).
- UnZIP the Mi Unlock tool on your PC that you had downloaded in Step #3 open up miflash_unlock.exe (file name might differ due to upgrade version).
- Now, Sign-in with your Mi account, which should be configured on your phone, and wait for the verification process.
- While you logged into the Mi Unlock Tool, click on the top-right gear icon to monitor the update for both USB driver and Mi Unlock Tool. Make assured you’re running the newest version.
- Finally, press ‘Unlock‘ and follow the timer/ waiting period shown in Mi Unlock Tool to unlock the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro successfully.
- The program should now start unlocking and should also show the live status of progress percentage.
- Once done, it will display “Unlocked Successfully.”
That’s it! Your Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro bootloader is now unlocked!
How to Root Redmi Note 8 Pro?
Done with the bootloader unlocking on Redmi Note 8 Pro? You might be looking forward to rooting your phone. Don’t worry; we have a detailed guide on that too. Check out the link below:
We have tons of guides, article, and tips for Android on our blog, but we think you might be interested in the following post:
- Top 50+ Android apps for rooted devices in 2020
- Download YouTube Vanced APK latest (for any Android)
- Xposed Hub: Download and install Xposed Framework on any Android device
- Substratum theme engine tutorial – (Install it on any device)
- Google Camera ports download (FULL List, all devices)
- Stock wallpapers: Ported wallpapers from various flagship devices (premium quality)
So you are done with this tutorial! You had successfully unlocked bootloader on Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 Pro using our guide. If you faced any problem with performing this tutorial, please let us know by dropping a comment below. Our team will reply you back as soon as possible.
Is this post helpful? Please do share it on Social Media to THANK US.