- LG G7 ThinQ root tutorial is here with an easy step-by-step guide.
- With this post, you will be able to flash Magisk Systemless root via TWRP or Fastboot (both methods are described below).
- Gain root access to your LG G7 ThinQ and modify the device on the way you want.
- All steps and download links are given below, read them carefully.
LG G7 ThinQ is a powerful device of 2018, comes with high-end flagship specification. Backed with Snapdragon 845 processor and 4GB of RAM, the device have 64GB onboard internal storage, while the 6GB RAM variant has 128GB internal storage. The device performs excellent, fast and fluid animations and quick performance on launching an Application or playing a high-quality game.
The software experience of LG G7 ThinQ is similar to all other LG phones of recent years. LG software is always decent, less bloatware and a clean user interface. It elegant for eyes, with a multi-colored scheme throughout the UI elements, easy to read fronts and fluid animations. The software version is Android 8.0 Oreo for now, but it’s upgradable.
In Android Community, the ability to root this phone fully depends on whether the device is US variant or the international one. Rooting LG G7 ThinQ is limited to the model G710EM (Global) version only. It is strictly due to the locked bootloader of the US variant. But for all those lucky folks who own the G710EM Global Edition, here’s the detailed step-by-step guide on How to root LG G7 ThinQ using Magisk 16.6 Beta systemless root utility.
For Android enthusiasts, a root is a vital utility that allows the modifying of the system software. Also, higher flexibility to control the smartphone. You can customize the device in the way you want. Even you can change the kernel settings for better performance.
Read ahead; we have a quick and easy guide along with all necessary tool download links to root LG G7 ThinQ. Please keep in mind that, all the download links and steps on this post is specific to LG G7 ThinQ G710EM Global Edition only. Do not try this tutorial on any other model of LG.
- Make sure your phone has at least 80 – 85% charge. If not, please do charge it before starting the experiment.
- You need to enable USB Debugging mode to connect your Android phone to computer. (Settings > About Phone > Build number > Tap it 7 times to become developer; Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging).
- Your bootloader must be unlocked from before to root LG G7 ThinQ. If not, please do that first, then get back to our tutorial.
- You must install Android SDK tool on your computer.
- Also, enable OEM Unlocking in Developer Options which may need while flashing an image file.
- Install LG USB driver on your computer.
How to root LG G7 ThinQ
There are two different methods to root LG G7 ThinQ. We have mentioned the full step-by-step instructions on How to root LG G7 ThinQ using Magisk tool. If you are entirely new to rooting, flashing a Custom ROM or an Official Firmware, please read the entire tutorial once before actually performing it on your device.
Tutorial: Method #1 Using patched boot image and Magisk
- Download the root image file (g7-root.img) to your computer.
- Now copy this image file to C:\adb folder where the ADB/Fastboot binaries will be present.
- Press and hold the SHIFT key and do a right-click on an empty space inside the folder.
- You should Select ‘Open PowerShell window here’.
- Connect your phone to the PC with the help of the USB cable.
- Now Boot your device into the Bootloader/Fastboot mode using the following command:
adb reboot bootloader
- Make sure that your device is being detected properly using the following command:
- The command will return a unique device ID right with the ‘fastboot’ message.
- Install boot image on the device using the following commands:
fastboot flash boot_a g7-root.img fastboot flash boot_b g7-root.img
- Now reboot your device using the following command:
- Once the device has restarted, you can verify root status using a root checker app from the Play Store.
Tutorial: Method #2 Using TWRP and Magisk 16.6
TWRP Custom Recovery for LG G7 is officially available to download, thanks to the TWRP support. You can now install TWRP on LG G7 using our detailed guide from the link below:
Once you had successfully installed TWRP on your LG G7 ThinQ, you should proceed to install Magisk 16.6 Beta on your device. In that case, download the ZIP file from the link below:
Copy the downloaded ZIP file to the internal storage of your phone, and proceed to the Magisk flash tutorial using the link below:
So you are done with this tutorial! You had successfully rooted your LG G7 ThinQ using our guide. If you faced any problem with performing this tutorial, please let us know by dropping a comment below. Our team will reply you back as soon as possible.
Is this post helpful? Please do share it on Social Media to THANK US.