As promised, HDM Global has released Android 9.0 Pie official firmware for their Nokia 5 devices. With this guide, you will be able to upgrade your Nokia 5 to the latest Android 9.0 Pie OS. This build comes as a version 6.12E along with the latest security patches. Read ahead, download links along with a detailed tutorial are given below!
Thanks to the OEM for updating their old 2017 device with the latest irritation of Android. Nokia 5 users will be happy with this build, and the company is finishing their official Pie roadmap. Check out the Tweet by Juho Sarvikas about Nokia 5 Pie update:
Nokia 5 Android Pie update is already rolling out via OTA (over-the-air) in several regions. In case, you are unable to update via OTA; you can follow the tutorial given below and update Nokia 5 to Android 9.0 Pie official firmware manually.
Android Pie for Nokia 5 (V6.12E) firmware details
The official Android Pie for Nokia 5 comes as V6.12E weighing 1663.2 MB which is a significant system update. Like all other phones, Android Pie brings the same features in the Nokia 5 as well. Moreover, V6.12E brings January 2019 security patches. For more details on Android Pie, check out the changes and features given below!
This Android 9.0 Pie update for Nokia 5 have all the goodies that are present in stock Pie firmware. We are sure you would love to use it on your phone.
Nokia 5 Android Pie update: features and details
Android 9.0 is a significant system update from Android 8.1 Oreo that brings a bunch of new features and improvements. Being based on the latest irritation of Android, the update carries all the Android 9.0 features.
The App action and Slices that analyze your usages and provide a right response for faster process. Adaptive battery examines the usages of the battery using Machine Learning technology and prioritizes battery on important apps. It also automatically set the phone brightness based on the interaction with your area.
There is a new full-screen gesture-based system navigation which is unique in Android Pie. The navigation system is disabled by default, which can be easily enabled from the phone setting option.
Moreover, Nokia 5 Pie update brings Digital Wellbeing Beta. It is a set of Google’s features that analyze the tech usages of your phone and adapt to it for your own Digital Wellbeing. Check out the changes mentioned by HMD Press Release below:
Digital Wellbeing features available from Autumn 2018
- Dashboard – Highlights screen time and phone usage including how many times the device has been unlocked and the number of notifications received
- App Timers – Set time limits on app usage
- Wind Down and Do Not Disturb – Set a daily schedule to get your phone ready for bed. Your screen fades to Grayscale, while Do Not Disturb silences notifications for a restful sleep. You can activate Do Not Disturb anytime you want to disconnect.
Key features of Android 9 Pie on Nokia 5
- App actions – Helps you get things done faster by predicting your next move and displaying the right action on your phone
- Slices – Identifies relevant information of your favorite apps to make them more easily accessible when you need them
- Adaptive battery – Uses deep learning to understand usage patterns and prioritize battery power on important apps
- Adaptive brightness – Automatically adapts phone brightness by learning from your interactions with different settings
- New System navigation – Features a single home button that provides intelligent predictions and suggestions (user enabled)
Love the features? We love it too, and we know you are looking forward to installing Android 9.0 Pie on Nokia 5. But before heading to the installation tutorial, we recommend you to check out the Pre-requisites section below.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you to install Android 9.0 Pie official firmware on Nokia 5. We have written this tutorial carefully so that a first time user don’t get stuck in any step.
Download Android Pie OTA for Nokia 5
Download the OTA package of Android 9.0 Pie for Nokia 5 from the link given below! Make sure to copy it to the internal storage of your phone (root, not in any folder).
- Make sure your phone has at least 80 – 85% charge. If not, please do charge it before starting the experiment.
- Install Nokia 5 USB driver on your computer. You may need this while transferring the downloaded package from computer to phone memory using a USB cable.
- Make sure that your phone has the latest Android 8.1 Oreo installed.
- Your phone must be in stock condition (no root, no custom firmware). Otherwise, this tutorial will not work.
Backup your Android Device
We don’t want you to lose any data, or anything could go wrong unexpectedly. Before starting the tutorial, we strongly recommend you to make a full backup of your phone.
Once you are sure that you have completely backed up your data, proceed to the tutorial below to and update Nokia 5 to Android Pie using recovery.
How to: Install Nokia 5 Android Pie Update manually
- Download the Nokia 5 OTA ZIP packages from the above-given links to your computer.
- Next, connect your phone to the computer using a compatible USB cable (preferably, the official one, provided by Nokia with the phone box).
- Transfer the OTA package to your phone’s internal storage (root, not inside any folder).
- Switch OFF your Nokia 5.
- Press and hold Volume Up and Power button together until the phone vibrates.
- The phone will enter a No command screen. Hold the Power button and press the Volume Up key once in order to enter the recovery mode.
- Using the Volume rockers, choose Apply update from SD card and select it by hitting the Power button.
- Navigate to the Android Pie OTA ZIP that you had pasted in your internal storage in step #3.
- Finally hit the Power button to confirm the installation of Android Pie on Nokia 5.
- Once the installation process is finished, select Reboot system now.
And you are done!!
Wait a while, and your phone may take up to 10 minutes to boot for the first time.
While the device boots, it shall run the latest Android 9.0 Pie firmware. Now, simply browse around and check out all the new Pie-specific features.
So you are done with this tutorial! You had successfully installed Android 9.0 Pie on your Nokia 5 using our guide. If you faced any problem with performing this tutorial, please let us know by dropping a comment below. Our team will reply you back as soon as possible.
Is this post helpful? Do LIKE us on the Facebook page to THANK and stay tuned with the latest updates on your social timeline.