From this guide, you will be able to unlock the bootloader of Xiaomi Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro 5G using a proper method. We have included all the download links to all the required packages. Make sure you go through all the tips given below and keep them in mind before performing the tutorial.
Currently, Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro 5G is the most premium flagship from the OEM. Also, it’s the brand’s most expensive smartphone to date, starting at €999 (~$1,090). Xiaomi, a brand known for its value for money products, has now released a device that’s just as expensive as high-end rivals.
The Mi 10 Pro 5G shipped with Android 10, March 2020 security patches, and their periphery MIUI 12 skin. Unlike the older flagships, Mi 10 Pro doesn’t have the app drawer. Maybe, they will bring that in future updates via OTA. But except the app drawer, it has all the modern Android features, multiple themes, adjustable fonts, variable app grids, and such.
Since Xiaomi has a huge fanbase, it is 100 percent sure that the Mi 10 Pro will get tons of developments from the developer communities like XDA, Pixel Experience, LineageOS, etc. If you own this device and are looking forward to unlocking the bootloader, you can do that from the tutorial given below. After that, you can install TWRP custom recovery, and flash Magisk to root your Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro 5G; read ahead!
About Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro 5G
|Network||GSM / HSPA / LTE / 5G|
|Chipset||Qualcomm SM8250 Snapdragon 865 (7 nm+)|
|Memory||256GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 12GB RAM, 512GB 12GB RAM|
|Primary Camera||08 MP, f/1.7, (wide), 1/1.33″, 0.8µm, PDAF, Laser AF, OIS; 12 MP, f/2.0, 50mm (telephoto), 1/2.55″, 1.4µm, Dual Pixel PDAF, 2x optical zoom; 8 MP, f/2.0, (telephoto), 1.0µm, PDAF, OIS, 3.7x optical zoom, 5x hybrid zoom; 20 MP, f/2.2, 13mm (ultrawide), 1/2.8″, 1.0µm|
|Front Camera||20 MP, f/2.0, (wide), 1/3″, 0.9µm|
|Display||Super AMOLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors|
|Size||6.67 inches, 109.2 cm2 (~89.8% screen-to-body ratio)|
|Resolution||1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~386 ppi density)|
|OS||Android 10, MIUI 12|
|Battery||Non-removable Li-Po 4500 mAh battery|
Bootloader unlocking is the first step for any modification on Android. Like all other Xiaomi phones, the Mi 10 Pro 5G also comes with a locked bootloader. But thanks to the Xiaomi for providing a secure mechanism to unlock the device using an official software called Mi Unlock tool.
Once you unlock your phone, you can install a custom recovery like TWRP and flash Magisk ZIP to root your device. We also have a tutorial on how to root Mi 10 Pro using Magisk or SuperSU utility. So proceed to the guide below, but before starting the tutorial, check out some vital information and prerequisites which would be required while unlocking.
Benefits of Unlocking Bootloader on Mi 10 Pro 5G
There are many benefits of unlocking the bootloader of an Android device. Android enthusiasts or super users love to use root app from the Play Store. So, for them, bootloader unlocking is the first step to perform. Some of the key benefits of bootloader unlocking are:
- Rooting: You can root your device using Magisk or SuperSU if you have an unlocked phone on hand.
- Custom Recovery: You can replace your current stock recovery with a Custom Recovery like TWRP.
- Custom recovery helps in flashing any supported ZIP files on the device.
- System modification: You can modify your Android OS in the way you want using some Xposed Modules or Magisk Modules.
- Clean Flash: Sometimes, updating software via OTA can cause bootloop issues because of existing files from the older OS. You can clean flash an official ROM using TWRP by removing all the data from the previous one, and get a fresh OS installed.
- Custom ROM: You can try some of the coolest custom ROMs available in the community forum for your device.
Thanks to Xiaomi for providing a simple mechanism to unlock the bootloader with the Mi Unlock tool. But before heading to the tutorial, please check out the pre-requisites below. Make sure to fulfill all before proceeding to the tutorial.
Backup Mi 10 Pro 5G (Warning)
Unlocking the bootloader on Mi 10 Pro 5G will erase everything from your phone. This includes SMS, photos, apps, videos, games, contacts, or anything on your internal storage. So, before proceeding to the tutorial, make sure to back up everything from your device. This backup application list might help you:
Once you are sure that you have completely backed up your data, proceed to the tutorial below to unlock bootloader on Mi 10 Pro using Mi Unlock tool.
- Make sure your phone has at least 80 – 85% charge. If not, please do charge it before starting the experiment.
- You need to enable the USB Debugging mode to connect your Android phone to the computer. (Settings > About Phone > Build number > Tap it 7 times to become developer; Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging).
- Enable OEM Unlock: Settings > Developer options > Enable OEM unlock.
- You must install Android SDK tool on your computer.
Download Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro 5G USB Driver
Make sure you have correctly installed Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro 5G USB Driver on your computer. If not, please download from any official source and install it correctly. Otherwise, your computer will not detect your device.
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial below to unlock Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro 5G bootloader.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro 5G
We have mentioned the full step-by-step instructions on how to unlock bootloader on Mi 10 Pro using Mi Unlock tool. If you are entirely new to rooting, flashing a Custom ROM or an Official Firmware, please read the entire tutorial once before actually performing it on your device.
- The first step is to get the unlock permission on your Mi account. So, in order to get that access, you need to have a Mi account first. Also, make sure your account has a mobile number verification as well.
- Go to Settings > Additional settings > Developer option and bind your approved Mi account under Mi Unlock Status.
- Now, login into the following page:
- You might get some Chinese pages in the login window. You can use Google Translate to know the messages shown there.
- Now, once you are logged in, you will be able to see the “Apply for permission to unlock Mi devices” page. From there, you can download the “Mi Unlock tool” on your PC.
- Next, boot your Mi 10 Pro into Fastboot Mode. How? First, powering it off and then turn it on while pressing and holding Power + Volume Down buttons simultaneously. Hold until you see your phone is booted into Fastboot mode.
- Connect your Mi 10 Pro to the computer using compatible USB cable (preferably, the official one, provided by Xiaomi with the phone box).
- UnZIP the Mi Unlock tool on your PC that you had downloaded in Step #3 open up miflash_unlock.exe (file name might differ due to upgrade version).
- Now, Sign-in with your Mi account, which should be configured on your phone, and wait for the verification process.
- While you logged into the Mi Unlock Tool, click on the top-right gear icon to monitor the update for both USB driver and Mi Unlock Tool. Make assured you’re running the newest version.
- Finally, press ‘Unlock‘ and follow the timer/ waiting period shown in Mi Unlock Tool to unlock the Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro successfully.
- The program should now start unlocking and should also show the live status of progress percentage.
- Once done, it will display “Unlocked Successfully.”
That’s it! Your Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro bootloader is now unlocked!
How to root Mi 10 Pro?
Done with the bootloader unlocking on Mi 10 Pro? You might be looking forward to rooting your phone. Don’t worry; we have a detailed guide on that too. Check out the link below:
We have tons of guides, article, and tips for Android on our blog, but we think you might be interested in the following post:
- Top 50+ Android apps for rooted devices in 2020
- Download YouTube Vanced APK latest (for any Android)
- Xposed Hub: Download and install Xposed Framework on any Android device
- Google Camera ports download (FULL List, all devices)
- Stock wallpapers: Ported wallpapers from various flagship devices (premium quality)
So you are done with this tutorial! You had successfully unlocked bootloader on Xiaomi Mi 10 Pro 5G using our guide. If you faced any problem with performing this tutorial, please let us know by dropping a comment below. Our team will reply you back as soon as possible.
Is this post helpful? Please do share it on Social Media to THANK US.