From this post, you will be able to download the Magisk patched boot image for Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro / Mi 9T Pro. If you are stuck on TWRP while flashing a Magisk ZIP package on K20 Pro, getting errors like “unable to mount /system/,” this article is a perfect alternative solution for you.
I often faced errors while flashing a Magisk ZIP package on my Redmi K20 Pro in TWRP recovery. So, what I do is rooting via fastboot, which works perfectly without any issues. So, basically, if you want to get root access using Magisk by patching the boot.img file, you can directly get that from the link given below. I patched the MIUI 12 boot.img file for the Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro / Mi 9T Pro users. You can download it on your computer and flash using fastboot commands. A detailed tutorial is also given below if you don’t know how to root using fastboot commands.
Download Magisk Patched IMG for Redmi K20 Pro / Mi 9T Pro
Download the magisk_patched.img file for K20 Pro / Mi 9T Pro on your computer from the link below. But keep in mind, this patch is created from the latest MIUI 12 ROM. It’s working correctly on MIUI 12 and is not tested on older builds. If you have MIUI 12 on your Mi 9T Pro, you can proceed ahead! We are not sure about the older builds, so be careful.
After downloading, check out the pre-requisites and then the tutorial carefully to root your Redmi K20 Pro / Mi 9T Pro using fastboot.
- Your Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro / K20 Pro must have an Unlocked Bootloader!
- Download the latest version of the Magisk Manager on your phone!
- Install MIUI 12 if you are still on the older builds.
- Set up ADB Drivers on your computer. (Windows / Mac)
- Make sure your phone has at least 80 – 85% charge. If not, please do charge it before starting the experiment.
- You need to enable the USB Debugging mode to connect your Android phone to the computer. (Settings > About Phone > Build number > Tap it 7 times to become developer; Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging).
Backup Mi 9T Pro (Warning)
Before starting the tutorial, we suggest you to backup your essential documents from the device and make a copy of it to your computer. On performing our experiment, your device may get wiped, and you may lose everything from the phone. We don’t want that. In that case, we have a list of applications that may help you in creating backups within the phone. Later on, you can copy the files to the computer for a safer side.
- Top 10 Best Android backup apps – Secure your Data!
Once you are sure that you are done with the backup stuff, please proceed to the tutorial below on How to Root Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro quickly.
WARNING: All the custom ROMs, Official Firmware, How-to guides, tutorials, roots, hacks, and tricks mentioned on our site belong to the respective developers. We are not responsible if anything goes wrong with your device. Perform it at your own risk.
How to root K20 Pro / Mi 9T Pro using patched BOOT Image
We have mentioned the full step-by-step instructions on how to flash the Magisk patched boot image on Mi 9T Pro using fastboot. If you are entirely new to rooting, flashing a Custom ROM or an Official Firmware, please read the entire tutorial once before actually performing it on your device.
Tutorial: How to Root K20 Pro / Mi 9T Pro with Patched Boot Image
- Install Magisk Manager on your phone using the downloaded APK file in the pre-requisite section.
- Download magisk_patched.img file on your computer (from the above-given link).
- Connect your phone to the computer using a compatible USB cable (preferably, the official one, provided by Xiaomi with the phone box).
- Open Command Prompt on the same directory the IMG file is located. Press the SHIFT key and right-click on an empty space. Select “Open PowerShell window here” or “Open command window here” from the pop-up menu.
- On the PowerShell Window, type the following command and HIT enter:
adb reboot bootloader
(This will reboot the device into fastboot/bootloader mode.)
└ If you get a permission pop-up on your device to “Allow USB debugging”, tap OK.
- Once you are in the fastboot mode, type the following command and HIT enter:
fastboot flash boot [email protected]
(The command ends with the file name. If you change the file name, type “fastboot flash boot <your-changed-name here.img”)
- Once the file is flashed, reboot your device! While holding, type the following command and HIT enter to reboot into TWRP recovery.
- Your device should reboot to OS now!
So, you are done here! No further steps are required for magisk_patched.img file.
Now, open the Magisk Manager app. It should show Magisk is installed!
Hurrah! You have got rooted Xiaomi Redmi K20 Pro / Mi 9T Pro 🙂 You can now try out some top root based app on your phone. Moreover, you can use Magisk Modules to modify the phone in the way you love. Check out: How to install Magisk Modules!
- Also check: Top 30 Xposed Modules!
So you are done with this tutorial! You had successfully rooted your Mi 9T Pro with the patched boot image using our guide. If you faced any problem with performing this tutorial, please let us know by dropping a comment below. Our team will reply you back as soon as possible.
Is this post helpful? Please do share it on Social Media to THANK US.