This Guide will help you to Install Resurrection Remix 5.8.5 based on Android 7.1.2 Nougat Custom Firmware. This is not an official release but a Custom Build ROM by FevaX, a well known Recognized XDA Developer.
This ROM is in Alpha State, which means, you may face minor bugs — maybe not good for daily use. Still, if you want to test the feel of Resurrection Remix, we have a step-by-step tutorial with download links below!
The Oreo-based Official Resurrection Remix 6.0 for Galaxy S8 Plus is still in the cooking-mode, and we can see the phone has been listed on the official device list here (link not available now)! We can expect the Official Build of RR 6.0 Custom Firmware based on Android 8.0 Oreo soon! We will surely update this guide once the developer releases the final update.
Till then, you can try out this Resurrection Remix 5.8.5 Unofficial build on your Galaxy S8+ using the tutorial below! Let’s proceed with the guide! We have covered an entire steps-by-steps tutorial with all necessary tools (download links are given below, keep reading to grab and install).
Resurrection Remix 5.8.5 Firmware Details
This firmware has been built with the combination of CyanogenMod (LineageOS now), Slim ROM, Omni ROM and Original Remix. It creates an awesome combination of Custom ROM for your device. The never-ending updates from the developer team have now released RR 5.8.5 based on Android 7.1.2 with all new Nougat features. A quick list is here:
- The plethora of customization options
- Quick settings toggle re-imagined to increase their utility
- Custom gesture controls
- Interface Customizations – Customize every visible element in the ROM
- Lockscreen Customizations
- Buttons Customizations
- OTA Updates – Always get the latest of the Android and security updates via OTA
Check out the ROM overview in the Video below! We hope you would like to use it on your Galaxy S8 Plus!
As you continue reading below, we will guide you to Install Resurrection Remix 5.8.5 Android 7.1.2 Nougat Custom Firmware on Galaxy S8 Plus. We have written this tutorial carefully so that a first time user don’t get stuck in any step.
But remember, this is not a Firmware by Samsung. So you need to have a Custom Recovery like TWRP to install RR 5.8.5 ROM. If you don’t have already, please follow this guide:
- Custom Recovery: Install TWRP on Galaxy S8 Plus [all variants] — Custom Recovery
We have written the guide very carefully so that you don’t get stuck during the installation process.
You can quickly Install Resurrection Remix 5.8.5 Nougat Custom Firmware on Galaxy S8 Plus using the tutorial below!
Related Tutorials on Galaxy S8 Plus:
- Custom ROM: Install CarHDROM v13 on Galaxy S8 Plus Android 8.0 Oreo
- Official Firmware: Update Galaxy S8 Plus to Android 8.0 Oreo [all variants]
- Rooting Guide: Root Galaxy S8 Plus [all variants] on Android 8.0 Oreo with CF-Auto-Root
If flashing via TWRP Recovery is not a new task for you, this guide would not be much difficult. We have covered entire step-by-step tutorial so that a new user can perform the flash easily.
WARNING: All the custom ROMs, Official Firmware, How-to guides, tutorials, roots, hacks, and tricks mentioned on our site belong to the respective developers. We are not responsible if anything goes wrong with your device. Perform it at your own risk.
NOTE: This OS is only for Galaxy S8 Plus. Please do not try with any other variant of Samsung phones.
See also: Official Galaxy S9 wallpapers, themes, sounds and apps [port] — download ’em here
Galaxy S8 Plus USB Driver
Make sure you have correctly installed Galaxy S8 Plus USB Driver on your computer. If not, please download it from our USB Driver Section below and install it correctly. Otherwise, your computer will not be able to detect your device.
See also: Download the Huawei P20 [full resolution] Stock Wallpapers here
Backup your Android Device
We don’t want you to lose any data, or anything could go wrong unexpectedly. Before starting the tutorial, we strongly recommend you to make a full backup of your phone. If possible, take a full Nandroid Backup via TWRP or you can try out some of the Hand-Picked Android Backup Apps to secure your data quickly.
Samsung users can use Samsung Smart Switch to backup data on the computer. Smart Switch even allows the users to move data from one device to another of different variant (like moving data of Galaxy S7 to Galaxy S8).
See also: Download OnePlus 5T Official Wallpapers — Sandstone White, Lava Red editions
Things to Remember
- Make sure your phone has at least 80 – 85% charge. If not, please do charge it before starting the experiment.
- This tutorial will WIPE OUT all your DATA. Make sure to create a Backup of everything before starting the tutorial.
- Make sure your device has TWRP Custom Recovery installed from before. Otherwise, this tutorial will not work!
- You need to perform a Dalvik Cache wipe in recovery mode before installing the ROM.
- You need to enable USB Debugging mode to connect your Android phone to computer. (Settings > About Phone > Build number > Tap it 7 times to become developer; Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging).
How to Install Resurrection Remix 5.8.5 Android 7.1.2 Nougat on Galaxy S8 Plus
We have mentioned full step-by-step instructions on How to Install Resurrection Remix 5.8.5 Android 7.1.2 Nougat Custom ROM on Galaxy S8 Plus. If you are entirely new to rooting, flashing a Custom ROM or an Official Firmware, please read the entire tutorial once before actually performing it on your device.
TUTORIAL: (Step by Step Guide)
1. Download Resurrection Remix 5.8.5 and GApps for Galaxy S8 Plus (dream2lte) on your computer.
2. Now, connect the device to your PC using USB Cable.
3. Copy and paste the downloaded zip file to the internal storage of your phone.
4. Switch Off your phone and disconnect the cable.
5. Press and Hold Volume Down + Power Button together to enter into the recovery mode!
6. Once you are in the TWRP recovery mode, perform a full data wipe by tapping on “WIPE” Button. Also, perform a factory reset by swiping on the “Swipe to Factory Reset” option at the bottom.
7. Go back to main menu (TWRP Home) and tap on “Install” button. From the list, choose the zip file that you have copied in Step 3.
8. Confirm the installation by swiping the “Swipe to Confirm Flash” option on the next screen.
9. Now, tap on the “Wipe cache/dalvik” button to clean the ROM and stay away from any boot loop issues.
Google Apps: Repeat the above step (Step 7 to Step 9) for the Gapps zip file as well and install it on your phone.
10. Hit on “Reboot System” button!
Wait a while, and your phone may take up to 10 minutes to boot for the first time.
Hurray! Your Galaxy S8 Plus should have got Resurrection Remix 5.8.5 installed by now. Go to Settings > About phone to verify.
Additionally, you can now try out some of the best Android Launcher on your new operating system.
Any Problem? If you encounter any problem, please comment below, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Please don’t forget to share if you have found this post helpful!
Hey, if you don’t mind me asking, is that table of contents a WordPress plugin? It looks quite nice, and if it is I’d like to know which for my personal project site.
Thanks for the great tutorial BTW, it was helpful with the custom ROM on my phone.
Yes, it’s Table of Content WordPress plugin.
Thanks! I’ve just finished setting it up. I appreciate the response.