This guide will help you to Install Resurrection Remix 6.0 based on Android 8.1 Oreo Custom ROM on OnePlus 5. RR 6.0 cheeseburger official build is now available to download — and can be installed using this tutorial.
OnePlus 5 is one of the most popular devices in XDA Developer forum because of its flexibility in customization offered by the Chinese OEM. Recognized Developer varund7726 has managed to roll the official build of RR 6.0 Oreo update for the OnePlus 5.
The latest version based on Oreo is quite stable for daily use and can be installed on your phone easily with our step-by-step guide.
Resurrection Remix 6.0 is a free Android 8.1 Oreo-based Custom ROM available for various Android devices. Luckily, OnePlus 5 is on the Official list. The Head developer Altan KRK and UX Designer have started this project in 2012 and the support team is continuously giving updates with the latest version of Android.
Resurrection Remix 6.0 Firmware Details
This firmware has been built with the combination of CyanogenMod (LineageOS now), Slim ROM, Omni ROM and Original Remix. It creates an awesome combination of Custom ROM for your device. The never-ending updates from the developer team have now released RR 6.0 based on Android 8.0 with all new Oreo features. A quick list is here:
- The plethora of customization options
- Quick settings toggle re-imagined to increase their utility
- Custom gesture controls
- Interface Customizations – Customize every visible element in the ROM
- Lockscreen Customizations
- Buttons Customizations
- OTA Updates – Always get the latest of the Android and security updates via OTA
As you continue reading below, we will guide you to Install Resurrection Remix 6.0 Android 8.1 Oreo Custom Firmware on OnePlus 5. We have written this tutorial carefully so that a first time user don’t get stuck in any step.
As this is not a Firmware released by OnePlus, the Stock Recovery will not let you flash the RR 6.0 ROM. You need to have Bootloader Unlocked and a Custom Recovery like TWRP installed from before in order to Install Resurrection Remix 6.0 on your OnePlus 5. If you don’t have already, please follow these guides:
- Unlock Bootloader: How to Unlock Bootloader on OnePlus 5 — a step-by-step guide
- Custom Recovery: Install Official TWRP [latest] on OnePlus 5 — Custom Recovery
We have written the guide very carefully so that you don’t get stuck during the installation process.
You can quickly Install Resurrection Remix 6.0 Oreo Custom Firmware on OnePlus 5 using the tutorial below!
More Custom ROMs for OnePlus 5:
- Install crDroid Android 8.1 Oreo on OnePlus 5 Beta 10 Custom Firmware [OTA]
- Update OnePlus 5 to Liquid Remix 8.0 Custom Firmware
- Update OnePlus 5 to LineageOS 14.1 Custom Firmware
- Install NoLimits 10.0 Oreo ROM on OnePlus 5 (Speed Optimized)
Official Firmware for OnePlus 5:
- Update OnePlus 5 to Android 8.1 Oreo (OxygenOS Open Beta 7) — Official Firmware
- Update OnePlus 5 to HydrogenOS Android 8.0 Oreo — Official Firmware
If flashing via TWRP Recovery is not a new task for you, this guide would not be much difficult. We have covered entire step-by-step tutorial so that a new user can perform the flash easily.
WARNING: All the custom ROMs, Official Firmware, How-to guides, tutorials, roots, hacks, and tricks mentioned on our site belong to the respective developers. We are not responsible if anything goes wrong with your device. Perform it at your own risk.
NOTE: This OS is only for OnePlus 5. Please do not try with any other variant of OnePlus phones.
See also: Official Galaxy S9 wallpapers, themes, sounds and apps [port] — download ’em here
OnePlus 5 USB Driver
Make sure you have correctly installed OnePlus 5 USB Driver on your computer. If not, please download it from our USB Driver Section below and install it correctly. Otherwise, your computer will not be able to detect your device.
Backup your Android Device
We don’t want you to lose any data, or anything could go wrong unexpectedly. Before starting the tutorial, we strongly recommend you to make a full backup of your phone. If possible, take a full Nandroid Backup via TWRP or you can try out some of the Hand-Picked Android Backup Apps to secure your data quickly.
See also: Download OnePlus 5T Official Wallpapers — Sandstone White, Lava Red editions
Things to Remember
- Make sure your phone has at least 80 – 85% charge. If not, please do charge it before starting the experiment.
- This tutorial will WIPE OUT all your DATA. Make sure to create a Backup of everything before starting the tutorial.
- Make sure your device has TWRP Custom Recovery installed from before. Otherwise, this tutorial will not work!
- You need to perform a Dalvik Cache wipe in recovery mode before installing the ROM.
- You need to enable USB Debugging mode to connect your Android phone to computer. (Settings > About Phone > Build number > Tap it 7 times to become developer; Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging).
How to Install Resurrection Remix 6.0 Android 8.1 Oreo on OnePlus 5
We have mentioned full step-by-step instructions on How to Install Resurrection Remix 6.0 Android 8.1 Oreo Custom ROM on OnePlus 5. If you are entirely new to rooting, flashing a Custom ROM or an Official Firmware, please read the entire tutorial once before actually performing it on your device.
TUTORIAL: (Step by Step Guide)
1. Download Official Resurrection Remix 6.0 and GApps for OnePlus 5 (cheeseburger) on your computer.
2. Now, connect the device to your PC using USB Cable.
3. Copy and paste the downloaded zip file to the internal storage of your phone.
4. Switch Off your phone and disconnect the cable.
5. Press and Hold Volume Down + Power Button together to enter into the recovery mode!
6. Once you are in the TWRP recovery mode, perform a full data wipe by tapping on “WIPE” Button. Also, perform a factory reset by swiping on the “Swipe to Factory Reset” option at the bottom.
7. Go back to main menu (TWRP Home) and tap on “Install” button. From the list, choose the zip file that you have copied in Step 3.
8. Confirm the installation by swiping the “Swipe to Confirm Flash” option on the next screen.
9. Now, tap on the “Wipe cache/dalvik” button to clean the ROM and stay away from any boot loop issues.
Google Apps: Repeat the above step (Step 7 to Step 9) for the Gapps zip file as well and install it on your phone.
10. Hit on “Reboot System” button!
Wait a while, and your phone may take up to 10 minutes to boot for the first time.
Hurray! Your OnePlus 5 should have got Resurrection Remix 6.0 installed by now. Go to Settings > About phone to verify.
Additionally, you can now try out some of the best Android Launcher on your new operating system.
Want to try some Custom Kernel?
Try out this: Install ElementalX-OP5: Custom Kernel for the OnePlus 5
If you encounter any problem, please comment below, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Please don’t forget to share if you have found this post helpful!