OnePlus is one of the most popular devices on XDA Developer forum because of its flexibility offered by the company for customization. Resurrection Remix is one of the most popular Custom ROM for OnePlus 5T and is released by Recognised Developer varund7726.
Resurrection Remix (aka RR in short) is a free Open Source Custom Firmware based on Android available for the various devices. The Head developer Altan KRK and UX Designer have started this project in 2012 and the support team is continuously giving updates with the latest version of Android.
As of now, Nougat based RR ROM has been installed on over 900,000 devices. But finally, we have the latest firmware — Android 8.0 Oreo-based Resurrection Remix 6.0!
Resurrection Remix 6.0 Firmware Details:
This firmware has been built with the combination of CyanogenMod (LineageOS now), Slim ROM, Omni ROM and Original Remix. It creates an awesome combination of Custom ROM for your device. The never-ending updates from the developer team have now released RR 6.0 based on Android 8.0 with all new Oreo features. A quick list is here:
- The plethora of customization options
- Quick settings toggle re-imagined to increase their utility
- Custom gesture controls
- Interface Customizations – Customize every visible element in the ROM
- Lockscreen Customizations
- Buttons Customizations
- OTA Updates – Always get the latest of the Android and security updates via OTA
See also: Update OnePlus 5T to Android 8.1 Oreo (OxygenOS Open Beta 5) — Official Firmware
As you continue reading below, we will guide you on Installing Resurrection Remix 6.0 Custom ROM on OnePlus 5T. But remember, this is not a Firmware by OnePlus. So you need to have a Custom Recovery like TWRP to install RR 6.0 ROM. If you don’t have already, please follow this guide:
We have written the guide very carefully so that you don’t get stuck during the installation process.
You can quickly Install Resurrection Remix 6.0 Oreo Custom Firmware on OnePlus 5T using the tutorial below!
More Custom ROMs for OnePlus 5T:
- Update OnePlus 5T to Liquid Remix 9.0 Android Oreo ROM
- Update OnePlus 5T to OmniRom 8.1 based on Android Oreo
If flashing via TWRP Recovery is not a new task for you, this guide would not be much difficult. We have covered entire step-by-step tutorial so that a new user can perform the flash easily.
WARNING: All the custom ROMs, Official Firmware, How-to guides, tutorials, roots, hacks, and tricks mentioned on our site belong to the respective developers. We are not responsible if anything goes wrong with your device. Perform it at your own risk.
NOTE: This OS is only for OnePlus 5T. Please do not try with any other variant of OnePlus phones.
See also: Official Galaxy S9 wallpapers, themes, sounds and apps [port] — download ’em here
OnePlus 5T USB Driver
Make sure you have correctly installed OnePlus 5T USB Driver on your computer. If not, please download it from our USB Driver Section below and install it correctly. Otherwise, your computer will not be able to detect your device.
Guide: How to fix problems with the OnePlus 5 — Ultimate Guide
Backup your Android Device
We don’t want you to lose any data, or anything could go wrong unexpectedly. Before starting the tutorial, we strongly recommend you to make a full backup of your phone. If possible, take a full Nandroid Backup via TWRP or you can try out some of the Hand-Picked Android Backup Apps to secure your data quickly.
See also: Download OnePlus 5T Official Wallpapers — Sandstone White, Lava Red editions
Things to Remember
- Make sure your phone has at least 80 – 85% charge. If not, please do charge it before starting the experiment.
- This tutorial will WIPE OUT all your DATA. Make sure to create a Backup of everything before starting the tutorial.
- Make sure your device has TWRP Custom Recovery installed from before. Otherwise, this tutorial will not work!
- You need to perform a Dalvik Cache wipe in recovery mode before installing the ROM.
- You need to enable USB Debugging mode to connect your Android phone to computer. (Settings > About Phone > Build number > Tap it 7 times to become developer; Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging).
You are going to perform a Clean Flash — like a brand new phone.
How to Install Resurrection Remix 6.0 Oreo on OnePlus 5T
We have mentioned full step-by-step instructions on How to Install Resurrection Remix 6.0 Android 8.1 Oreo Custom ROM on OnePlus 5T. If you are entirely new to rooting, flashing a Custom ROM or an Official Firmware, please read the entire tutorial once before actually performing it on your device.
TUTORIAL: (Step by Step Guide)
2. Now, connect the device to your PC using USB Cable.
3. Copy and paste the downloaded zip file to the internal storage of your phone.
4. Switch Off your phone and disconnect the cable.
5. Press and Hold Volume Down + Power Button together to enter into the recovery mode!
6. Once you are in the TWRP recovery mode, perform a full data wipe by tapping on “WIPE” Button. Also, perform a factory reset by swiping on the “Swipe to Factory Reset” option at the bottom.
7. Go back to main menu (TWRP Home) and tap on “Install” button. From the list, choose the zip file that you have copied in Step 3.
8. Confirm the installation by swiping the “Swipe to Confirm Flash” option on the next screen.
9. Now, tap on the “Wipe cache/dalvik” button to clean the ROM and stay away from any boot loop issues.
Google Apps: Repeat the above step (Step 7 to Step 9) for the Gapps zip file as well and install it on your phone.
10. Hit on “Reboot System” button!
Wait a while, and your phone may take up to 10 minutes to boot for the first time.
Hurray! Your OnePlus 5T should have got Resurrection Remix 6.0 installed by now. Go to Settings > About phone to verify.
Additionally, you can now try out some of the best Android Launcher on your new operating system.
If you encounter any problem, please comment below, and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
Please don’t forget to share if you have found this post helpful!