From this guide, you will be able to unlock the bootloader on Redmi Note 7S using an official method by Xiaomi. The device is the younger sibling of one of the most popular budget smartphones in India, i. e. the Redmi Note 7 Pro. The Note 7S is a bridge between the Redmi Note 7 and the Redmi Note 7 Pro. The processor is the same as Note 7, but the camera is 48 MP like the Note 7 Pro. If you are an Android enthusiast, having Redmi Note 7S and want to modify your device, the first step for you would be the unlocking bootloader part. Just like the Redmi Note 7 Pro, this device has also got some development in the Android community. So, if you want to take the full benefits of Redmi Note 7S, by installing Custom ROM or rooting the phone to utilize root based app, you are on the correct page. A detailed tutorial is given below; read ahead!
Unlocking the bootloader on Redmi Note 7S will let you install a custom recovery like TWRP, flash Magisk ZIP to gain root access, and allow you to modify your phone. Not only that, you can even try out many mods from the Xposed framework on your Redmi Note 7S. The battery backup of this phone is quite impressive. Moreover, using some modules like Amplifier from the Xposed Repository, you can extend the battery life up to 30 percent. Cool, isn’t it?
Redmi Note 7S comes with Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 chipset and 4000 mAh battery. Definitely, this is not a performance-oriented phone, but at this price segment, you can’t expect much. But you can do something more on this phone once you unlock it and utilize its full potential. This unlocking guide is written in detail so that even a first time user can perform it easily. Move ahead to the tutorial below and unlock Redmi Note 7S quickly; keep reading!
About Xiaomi Mi Redmi Note 7S
|Network||GSM / HSPA / LTE (Global support)|
|Chipset||Qualcomm SDM660 Snapdragon 660 (14 nm)|
|Memory||32GB 3GB RAM, 64GB 4GB RAM|
|Camera||48 MP, f/1.8, (wide), 1/2.0″, 0.8µm, PDAF, 5 MP, f/2.2, depth sensor|
|Display||IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors|
|Size||6.3 inches, 97.4 cm2 (~81.4% screen-to-body ratio)|
|Resolution||1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~409 ppi density)|
|OS||Android 9.0 (Pie); MIUI 11|
Recently, Redmi Note 7S got the Xiaomi’s latest OS update, i. e. the MiUI 11, but we didn’t see Android 10 on it. We hope the company will roll it out in the future update. If you have updated your phone via OTA (over-the-air), you might face bootloop issues or crash sometimes. This is not uncommon while upgrading a phone’s software via OTA. So, once you unlock the bootloader on Redmi Note 7S, you can clean flash the MiUI 11 ROM with recovery. We will post a tutorial on it too. Anyway, move ahead for the bootloader unlocking tutorial below. But before that, check out the prerequisite for unlocking bootloader on Xiaomi Mi Redmi Note 7S!
Benefits of Unlocking Bootloader on Redmi Note 7S
There are many benefits of Unlocking Bootloader on an Android device. Android Enthusiast or super users love to use root App from Play Store and XDA forum. So, for them, Unlocking Bootloader is the first step to experiment. Some of the main benefits of Unlocking Bootloader are:
- Rooting: You can root your device using Magisk or SuperSU once you have an unlocked phone.
- Custom ROM: You can try out some of the cool Custom ROM out there in the community forum for your device.
- Custom Recovery: You can replace your current stock recovery with Custom Recovery like TWRP. Recovery helps on flashing any kind of supported ZIP files on your device.
- System modification: You can modify your Android OS in the way you want using some Xposed Modules or Magisk Modules.
Thanks to Xiaomi for providing a simple mechanism to unlock the bootloader with the Mi Unlock tool. But before heading to the tutorial, please check out the pre-requisites below. Make sure to fulfill all before proceeding to the tutorial.
Backup Redmi Note 7S (Warning)
Unlocking the bootloader on Redmi Note 7S will erase everything from your phone. This includes SMS, photos, apps, videos, games, contacts, or anything on your internal storage. So, before proceeding to the tutorial, make sure to back up everything from your device. This backup application list might help you:
Once you are sure that you have completely backed up your data, proceed to the tutorial below to unlock bootloader on Redmi Note 7S using Mi Unlock tool.
- Make sure your phone has at least 80 – 85% charge. If not, please do charge it before starting the experiment.
- You need to enable USB Debugging mode to connect your Android phone to computer. (Settings > About Phone > Build number > Tap it 7 times to become developer; Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging).
- Enable OEM Unlock: Settings > Developer options > Enable OEM unlock.
- You must install Android SDK tool on your computer.
Download Xiaomi Redmi Note 7S USB Driver
Make sure you have correctly installed Xiaomi Mi Redmi Note 7S USB Driver on your computer. If not, please download from any official source and install it correctly. Otherwise, your computer will not detect your device.
→ Download the latest Xiaomi Redmi Note 7S USB Driver
Now, let’s proceed with the tutorial below to unlock Xiaomi Redmi Note 7S bootloader.
How to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Mi Redmi Note 7S
We have mentioned the full step-by-step instructions on how to unlock bootloader on Redmi Note 7S Pro using Mi Unlock tool. If you are entirely new to rooting, flashing a Custom ROM or an Official Firmware, please read the entire tutorial once before actually performing it on your device.
- The first step is to get the unlock permission on your Mi account. So, in order to get that access, you need to have a Mi account first. Also, make sure your account has a mobile number verification as well.
- Go to Settings > Additional settings > Developer option and bind your approved Mi account under Mi Unlock Status.
- Now, login into the following page:
- You might get some Chinese pages in the login window. You can use Google Translate to know the messages shown there.
- Now, once you are logged in, you will be able to see the “Apply for permission to unlock Mi devices” page. From there, you can download the “Mi Unlock tool” on your PC.
- Next, boot your Redmi Note 7S into Fastboot Mode. How? First, powering it off and then turn it on while pressing and holding Power + Volume Down buttons simultaneously. Hold until you see your phone is booted into Fastboot mode.
- Connect your Redmi Note 7S to the computer using compatible USB cable (preferably, the official one, provided by Xiaomi with the phone box).
- UnZIP the Mi Unlock tool on your PC that you had downloaded in Step #3 open up miflash_unlock.exe (file name might differ due to upgrade version).
- Now, Sign-in with your Mi account, which should be configured on your phone, and wait for the verification process.
- While you logged into the Mi Unlock Tool, click on the top-right gear icon to monitor the update for both USB driver and Mi Unlock Tool. Make assured you’re running the newest version.
- Finally, press ‘Unlock‘ and follow the timer/ waiting period shown in Mi Unlock Tool to unlock the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7S successfully.
- The program should now start unlocking and should also show the live status of progress percentage.
- Once done, it will display “Unlocked Successfully.”
That’s it! Your Xiaomi Redmi Note 7S bootloader is now unlocked!
How to Root Redmi Note 7S?
Done with the bootloader unlocking on Redmi Note 7S? You might be looking forward to rooting your phone. Don’t worry; we have a detailed guide on that too. Check out the link below:
We have tons of guides, article, and tips for Android on our blog, but we think you might be interested in the following post:
- Top 50+ Android apps for rooted devices in 2020
- Download YouTube Vanced APK latest (for any Android)
- Xposed Hub: Download and install Xposed Framework on any Android device
- Substratum theme engine tutorial – (Install it on any device)
- Google Camera ports download (FULL List, all devices)
- Stock wallpapers: Ported wallpapers from various flagship devices (premium quality)
So you are done with this tutorial! You had successfully unlocked bootloader on Xiaomi Mi Redmi Note 7S using our guide. If you faced any problem with performing this tutorial, please let us know by dropping a comment below. Our team will reply you back as soon as possible.
Is this post helpful? Please do share it on Social Media to THANK US.
Leave a Reply