Huawei Honor 10 is released back in May 2018, and the phone got attention from the developer community. The phone is powered by HiSilicon Kirin 970 chipset. Talking about the software, the Honor 10 comes with EMUI 8.1 Oreo-based ROM. EMUI is a heavy skinned Android which is specific to Huawei devices only. If you don’t like their Chinese skin, you may try out some AOSP naked ROM. LineageOS is the option available for you right now.
This guide will definitely help you on installing Android 8.1 Oreo-based LineageOS 15.1 on your Honor 10. Keep reading, we have the firmware download link, along with the tutorial to install it below. We also have some links for Android driver, which may be required while connecting your phone to computer. Please read thoroughly so that you don’t miss anything.
LineageOS 15.1 for Honor 10
LineageOS is the famous custom ROM for Android devices. Thanks to its reliability in a wide range of devices. It is the successor of CyanogenMod. LineageOS is fully AOSP based, which means, ZERO bloatware, clean, and pure naked Android with additional Lineage features. It is the most liked custom ROM in the Android community.
LineageOS 15.1 for Honor 10 is based on Android 8.1 Oreo. It is completely different from the official EMUI OS. This ROM is for those who like Stock experience. The OS is closer to Google’s own OS that we can see in Pixel and Android One devices. The only difference is more features in LineageOS in their settings option. You have more choice to modify in the setting itself.
This ROM has been developed by senior XDA Developer PeterMarkoff, thanks to him for his great contribution. However, the firmware contains some bugs that have been detected by the developer himself. Check out the bug list below:
- This LineageOS ports have no support for notch. So the icons might be cropped behind notch.
- Smaller status bar.
- Top left and right corner of icons and time are slightly cropped.
- Minimum brightness is quite high.
We expect the developer would fix these bugs in the future update.
Download LineageOS 15.1 for Honor 10
- LOS 15.1 Berkeley Honor View 10 build [modified from View 10]
- GApps package: GZR ZERO GApps
TWRP for Honor 10
Since the firmware is not an official rollout by Huawei, the stock recovery won’t work here. So, in order to install LineageOS 15.1 on Honor 10, you must have a custom recovery like TWRP installed from before. In that case, you also have to unlock the bootloader of your phone. If your device doesn’t have a custom recovery, and bootloader is not unlocked, please do that first and get back to this tutorial.
Backup before starting the tutorial
This guide will wipe out all the applications, data, and system files from your device. So, we strongly recommend you to backup your important files before starting the tutorial. Check out:
If possible, please create a full Nandroid backup image from TWRP. This will help if the installation fails. You can restore to the previous OS with data.
Once you are sure that you have backup your device, please proceed to the installation tutorial below. But before that, please check out the prerequisite ahead.
You must be having the following requirements to be fulfilled before you head down to the tutorial below.
- Make sure your phone has at least 80 – 85% charge. If not, please do charge it before starting the experiment.
- This tutorial will WIPE OUT all your DATA. Make sure to create a Backup of everything before starting the tutorial.
- You need to perform a Dalvik Cache wipe in recovery mode before and after installing the ROM.
- You need to enable USB Debugging mode to connect your Android phone to computer. (Settings > About Phone > Build number > Tap it 7 times to become developer; Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging).
How to install LineageOS 15.1 on Honor 10
We have mentioned full step-by-step instructions on how to install LOS 15.1 on Huawei Honor 10. If you are entirely new to rooting, flashing a Custom ROM or an Official Firmware, please read the entire tutorial once before actually performing it on your device.
TUTORIAL: (Step by Step Guide)
- Download the LOS 15.1 and GApps from the above links for Huawei Honor 10 on your computer.
- Now, connect the device to your PC using the USB cable (preferably, the official one, provided by Huawei with the phone box).
- Copy and paste the downloaded zip file to the internal storage of your phone.
- Switch Off your phone and disconnect the cable.
- Press and hold Volume Down and Power Button together to enter into the recovery mode!
- Once you are in the TWRP recovery mode, perform a full data wipe by tapping on “WIPE” Button. Also, perform a factory reset by swiping on the “Swipe to Factory Reset” option at the bottom.
- Go back to main menu (TWRP Home) and tap on “Install” button. From the list, choose the zip file that you have copied in Step 3.
- Confirm the installation by swiping the “Swipe to Confirm Flash” option on the next screen.
- Now, tap on the “Wipe cache/dalvik” button to clean the ROM and stay away from any boot loop issues.
- Google Apps: Repeat the same steps for GApps too (Step 7 to Step 9).
- Hit on “Reboot System” button!
Wait a while, and your phone may take up to 10 minutes to boot for the first time.
That’s all. You are done!
Additionally, if you would like to root your device, you can try Magisk Systemless root solution from the link below:
→ How to install Magisk to root Android devices – Universal Systemless Interface
- How to Install Dolby Atmos on Android [all devices] – explained everything!
- [Stable] Download MX Player Custom Codec — AC3, DTS, MLP, TrueHD, and more
- Install Official ViPER4Android Audio Effects
- Official Galaxy Note 9 wallpapers, sounds, apps and fonts [port] — download ’em here
What’s your views on this LineageOS ROM? Please do share in the comment section below.
So you are done with this tutorial! You had successfully installed LineageOS 15.1 using our guide. If you faced any problem with performing this tutorial, please let us know by dropping a comment below. Our team will reply you back as soon as possible.
Leave a Reply