Official Android 9.0 Pie is now available for the Samsung Galaxy A7 (all variant). You can download the firmware file from the link given below and install the same using the Odin tool. Read ahead; the step-by-step tutorial is provided below along with the necessary download links.
From the last few months, Samsung is doing a great job of updating their devices to their latest One UI based on Android Pie. Some flagship devices like Galaxy S9, S8, and Note 8 already received the update while some of them are in the queue.
Galaxy A7 users can now update their device to the Android 9.0 Pie official firmware using this guide. One UI for Galaxy A7 has already rolled out in several regions with a build number A750FNPUU1BSC4 via OTA (Over-the-air). If you are unable to update your device via automatic update system, you can follow our tutorial below on how to manually update Galaxy A7 to Android Pie One UI using Odin flash tool.
We got to know that the update with build number A750FNPUU1BSC4 for Galaxy A7 is rolling in Russia from the very first day of release. So, probably, those who are not from Russia may get the update a bit later. If you can’t wait, read ahead, manual installation guide is here for you!
Why manual update via Odin?
Manual installation of Samsung stock firmware is required for the following reasons:
- Bricked device: In case, your Galaxy A7 has been bricked while trying any custom ROM or mods, you can manually update your phone to recover and get back to stock position.
- OTA problem: If you aren’t getting direct OTA from Samsung due to carrier or region problem, you can download Samsung stock firmware and flash it to your phone using Odin tool.
- Rooted device: Rooting opens the window to customize your Android phone. But sometimes, this root status can break the OTA links. That’s why you might not be able to update your phone directly.
- Custom ROM: If you had installed any custom ROM like LineageOS, it is inevitable that there is no way to get official OTA. You need to flash the PDA and other files using Odin to get back to stock ROM.
- Bootloop: Facing bootloop issues due to some root apps or some Xposed modules? Manual update will help you!
But before heading to the main tutorial, please read the change-log of this build and the new features of One UI for the Galaxy A7.
One UI for Samsung Galaxy A7 details
One UI for Galaxy A7 is on stable stage. This build contain massive changes including the whole new One UI skin. All the Android 9.0 Pie features by Google are integrated as well.
Android 9.0 is a significant system update from Android Oreo that brings a bunch of new features and improvements. Being based on the latest irritation of Android, the update carries all the Android 9.0 goodies.
- Gesture-based navigation
- Adaptive Battery
- Refreshed notification
- Rotation suggestion
- App Actions
- Text Classifier and Smart Linkify
- Neural Networks API 1.1
- New system navigation
- Display cutout
- Notifications and smart reply
- Text Magnifier
- Biometric prompt
- Protected Confirmation
- Stronger protection for private keys
- DNS over TLS
- HTTPS by default
- Compiler-based security mitigations
- Multi-camera API and other camera updates
- HDR VP9 Video and HEIF image compression
- Enhanced audio with Dynamics Processing
- ImageDecoder for bitmaps and drawables
- Wi-Fi RTT for indoor positioning
- Data cost sensitivity in JobScheduler
- Open Mobile API for NFC payments and secure transactions
- ART performance
- Optimized for Kotlin
- Modern Android
Note: This update comes with February 2019 security patches. They will bring the latest update soon via OTA.
LIKE this One UI Stock Firmware for Galaxy A7? We love it too, and we know you are looking forward to installing it on your phone. Please read the important information below before starting the tutorial.
This guide is specific to Samsung Galaxy A7 SM-A750F and SM-A750FN models only. Please do not try this on any other Samsung phones. Make sure to check the specific model number:
- Go to Settings > About phone > Model number.
Download One UI stable build for Galaxy A7 (SM-A750F)
|Model||CSC Version||Free download link|
Download One UI stable build for Galaxy A7 (SM-A750FN)
|Model||CSC Version||Free download link|
To check the CSC version of your device, open the dialer app and enter the following:
If your device’s CSS is other than the mentioned above, you need to wait for some more days till Samsung release a newer build for your phone.
Galaxy A7 USB Driver
Make sure you have correctly installed Galaxy A7 USB Driver on your computer. If not, please download from any official source and install it correctly. Otherwise, your computer will not detect your device.
Backup your Android Device
Before proceeding to the tutorial to install, we strongly recommend you to backup your important data and files from your phone. Because flashing an official firmware will erase everything from your device. We don’t want you to lose anything by following our tutorial. In that case, you can check out our list of backup app that may help you:
Samsung users can use Samsung Smart Switch to backup data on the computer. Samsung Smart Switch even allows the users to move data from one device to another of different variant (like moving data of Galaxy S8 to Galaxy S9).
Once you are sure that you made a complete backup of your necessary documents, you can move ahead to the tutorial below and update Galaxy A7 to One UI based on Android 9.0 Pie official firmware.
Tools that required for firmware installation
- Samsung USB driver: Download Samsung USB Driver.
- USB Cable: You must have the official USB cable of your device – the one that provided by Samsung.
Things to Remember
- Make sure your phone has at least 80 – 85% charge. If not, please do charge it before starting the experiment.
- This tutorial may WIPE OUT all your DATA. Make sure to create a Backup of everything before starting the tutorial.
- You need to enable USB Debugging mode to connect your Android phone to computer. (Settings > About Phone > Build number > Tap it 7 times to become developer; Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging.)
Ready now? Let’s proceed to the tutorial below, and update Galaxy A7 to One UI Android 9.0 Pie official firmware.
HOW TO: Install Android Pie on Galaxy A7 (One UI Stable)
We have mentioned full step-by-step instructions on how to install Android 9.0 Pie official firmware on Galaxy A7. If you are entirely new to flashing a Custom ROM or an Official Firmware, please read the entire tutorial once before actually performing it on your device.
Download the G950FXXU4DSBA / G955FXXU4DSBA firmware from the above-given link. Next, proceed to the installation tutorial from the link below.
Please read the tutorial from the link above to install One UI Android 9.0 Pie Official Firmware on Samsung Galaxy A7. The procedure has been described properly with screenshots. If you got stuck somewhere, drop your comment below, and we will help you as soon as possible.
Rooting Warning: If your device is already rooted, you are going to lose it. If you want root access, you need to root again after flashing this firmware.
|Magisk: Download Magisk [all versions] ZIP and How to quickly root your device right now!|
Custom Recovery Warning: If you have a custom recovery like TWRP installed, you are going to lose it. It will be replaced by the Stock recovery of Samsung.
|HOW TO: Install TWRP Recovery [latest] on any Android device|
In case, if you want to customize your Android using Substratum, here’s the tutorial for you:
- Substratum theme engine tutorial – (Install it on any device)
Is this post helpful? Do LIKE us on the Facebook page to THANK and stay tuned with the latest updates on your social timeline.