Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 is a good mid-range option in India, which was launched back in August 2019. The phone got a decent audio quality along with remarkable battery life that can give a day-long backup. Powered by Snapdragon 665 chipset, the phone has an option to choose the RAM between 4GB and 6GB along with whooping 64/128GB storage. It also has a dedicated microSD slot.
The phone comes with the Android 9.0 MiUI 11 operating system. But if you are an Android enthusiast and want to install Android 10, you can do that using a custom ROM. From this post, you will be able to download and install Android 10 Pixel Experience on Redmi Note 8. The download link and a detailed tutorial are given below; read ahead!
If you don’t like MiUI Skin, this Pixel Experience would be an excellent option for you. The Redmi Note 8 users are quite lucky to get the official support from the Pixel Experience team. Since this ROM is from the official channel, you will receive OTA updates whenever they roll a newer build. They provide incremental updates too.
What is Pixel Experience?
Pixel Experience is an AOSP ROM, which is a clean, bloatware-free, fast, and reliable operating system based on Android. If you like the naked version of Android, which is present on Google’s Pixel phone, you will definitely love this ROM.
Since Xiaomi has a huge fan base, the Redmi Note 8 got a good response from the developer community. Thanks to the Pixel Experience team for availing Android 10 Pixel Experience ROM for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8.
Android 10 Pixel Experience for Redmi Note 8 is entirely bloatware-free, flexible, and faster. There are no additional apps except the GApps that comes along with the ROM package. Since the ROM is derived from the Pixel phones, you will get full stock Android experience with all the Google Pixel’s goodies.
But remember, this ROM is not an official firmware by Xiaomi. So, you need to have a custom recovery like TWRP in order to flash Pixel Experience on Redmi Note 8. Stock recovery won’t work here, as the ROM ZIP of Pixel Experience is not a signed version. We have a tutorial for installing TWRP on Redmi Note 8, too, in case you don’t have that. Read ahead!
As this is not an official update by the OEM, you may face some minor bugs in the operating system, which you can ignore. The developer keeps updating the phone frequently to sort out the errors. Anyway, you will get impressed with the battery life and performance of the Pixel Experience.
Pixel Experience ROM for Redmi Note 8
Since the Pixel Experience ROM for Redmi Note 8 is a custom ROM, not an official firmware by Xiaomi, it would require a custom recovery to flash. Stock Mi recovery can not install this ROM because Xiaomi does not sign it. So, we will be using TWRP custom recovery here. If you don’t have that, you can check out the following guide on TWRP for Redmi Note 8 here:
But make sure that the bootloader of your device is unlocked before installing TWRP recovery. You can check out the following guide for that:
- How to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 (easy method)
So, once you are done with unlocking the bootloader and installing TWRP, you can proceed to the tutorial below! Read ahead for more details; do not skip any part of this guide, or you may get stuck somewhere.
What’s new in the Android 10 Pixel Experience ROM for Redmi Note 8?
Pixel Experience for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 is an AOSP based ROM that includes Google Apps by default with all the Pixel goodies including a launcher, wallpapers, icons, fonts, and the boot animation. You can feel Google’s Pixel phone experience on your Xiaomi device, thanks to the developer for their support. As the latest version is based on Android 10, you will get everything based on Google’s newest update.
Android 10 (formerly Android Q), is a strong foundation with tons of helpful features, mostly improved gesture navigation, more nuanced notification controls, and better privacy. It completely reshaped the way of Android use, thanks for re-engineering the key software updates by Google and adding support for 5G and foldable devices. Following are some of the main features of Android 10:
- Live Caption: Automatically caption media playing on your phone
- A dark mode
- Smart Reply for all messaging apps
- A better sharing menu
- Focus Mode
- Quicker access to settings
- A standard depth format
- An improved Files app
- Overhauled permissions
- Wi-Fi sharing via QR codes
- Gestures, app drawers play nicely
- Google Assistant ‘handles’
- Sound Amplifier
- Hearing aids get streaming support
- Security updates via Play Store
- Wet, overheating USB warnings
- Digital Wellbeing
- Family Link
To know more about Android 10, you can check out on the official site as well!
Screenshots of Android 10 Pixel Experience ROM
I have taken some screenshots of Pixel Experience ROM from my phone so that you can see a quick overview of the UI. The UI is so clean and has no bloatware, unlike MiUI. Check out:
LIKE this Android 10 Pixel Experience ROM for Xiaomi Redmi Note 8? We love it too, and we know you are looking forward to installing it on your phone. Please read the important information below before starting the tutorial.
Download Android 10 Pixel Experience ROM for Redmi Note 8
You can download the firmware file of Pixel Experience Android 10 ROM for Redmi Note 8 from the link given below.
Since Google apps are pre-installed on this ROM, you don’t need to download GApps ZIP to flash separately. Therefore, download the ROM ZIP file and continue.
As you continue reading below, we will guide you through an entire step-by-step tutorial with all necessary tools.
If flashing via TWRP Recovery is not a new task for you, this guide would not be much difficult. We have covered entire step-by-step tutorial so that a new user can perform the flash easily.
You can quickly install Pixel Experience ROM on Redmi Note 8 using the tutorial below!
Please read the entire tutorial once before actually performing it on your device!
WARNING: All the custom ROMs, Official Firmware, How-to guides, tutorials, roots, hacks, and tricks mentioned on our site belong to the respective developers. We are not responsible if anything goes wrong with your device. Perform it at your own risk.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 USB Driver
Make sure you have correctly installed Redmi Note 8 USB driver on your computer. If not, please download it from our USB Driver Section below and install it correctly. Otherwise, your computer will not detect your device.
→Download the latest Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 USB Driver
You may also like:
- Trending: Download YouTube Vanced APK LATEST (for any Android) – get premium YouTube features for free
- Must read: 9 best data tracker apps for Android!
- Samsung graphics: “Beautiful Floral Art” Samsung Galaxy S20 wallpapers (3200×3200 resolution) – download now!
- OnePlus graphics: OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren Edition wallpapers in 4K (2160×4683 pixels)
Backup Redmi Note 8 (Warning)
But before starting the tutorial, we suggest you to backup your important documents from the device and make a copy of it to your computer. On performing our experiment, your device will get wiped, and you will lose everything from the phone. We don’t want that. in that case, we have a list of Application that may help you on creating backup within the phone. Later on, you can copy the files to computer for a safe side.
→ Top 10 Best Android Backup Apps – Secure your Data
Once you are sure that you are done with the backup stuff, please proceed to the tutorial below on How to install Pixel Experience ROM on Redmi Note 8.
Points to Remember
- Make sure your phone has at least 80 – 85% charge. If not, please do charge it before starting the experiment.
- This tutorial will WIPE OUT all your DATA. Make sure to create a Backup of everything before starting the tutorial.
- Make sure your device has TWRP Custom Recovery installed from before. Otherwise, this tutorial will not work!
- You need to perform a Dalvik Cache wipe in recovery mode before installing the ROM.
- You need to enable USB Debugging mode to connect your Android phone to computer. (Settings > About Phone > Build number > Tap it 7 times to become developer; Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging).
Step #1: Unlock the bootloader on Redmi Note 8
(Skip this step if you had done this earlier!)
In order to install a custom recovery, your phone’s bootloader must be unlocked from before. As the Redmi Note 8 comes with a locked bootloader, you must unlock it first before installing a custom recovery. Unlocking Redmi Note 8 is so easy as you do not have to mess with the coding part; thanks to Xiaomi to build secure software, which makes it possible to unlock the phone in a single click. Check out the steps given below:
- How to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 (easy method)
Successfully unlocked the phone? So, the next step is to install TWRP recovery; read ahead!
Step #2: How to install TWRP recovery on Redmi Note 8 (Fastboot method)
(Skip this step if you had done this before)
We had mentioned earlier that this is not an official update by the Xiaomi. So the stock recovery is not functional here. You need to install a custom recovery first. TWRP is what we need here; install it from the link given below:
- How to install TWRP on Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 (detailed guide)
Step #3: How to Install Pixel Experience on Redmi Note 8
We have mentioned full step-by-step instructions on How to Install Pixel Experience on Redmi Note 8 Android 10 Custom ROM. If you are entirely new to rooting, flashing a Custom ROM or an Official Firmware, please read the entire tutorial once before actually performing it on your device.
TUTORIAL: (Step by Step Guide)
- Download Android 10 Pixel Experience ROM for Redmi Note 8 on your computer (from the above given download sections).
- Now, connect the device to your PC using USB Cable.
- Copy and paste the downloaded zip file to the internal storage of your phone.
- Switch Off your phone and disconnect the cable.
- Press and Hold Volume Down + Power Button together to enter into the recovery mode!
- Once you are in the TWRP recovery mode, perform a full data wipe by tapping on “WIPE” Button. Also, perform a factory reset by swiping on the “Swipe to Factory Reset” option at the bottom.
- Go back to main menu (TWRP Home) and tap on “Install” button. From the list, choose the zip file that you have copied in Step #3.
- Confirm the installation by swiping the “Swipe to Confirm Flash” option on the next screen.
- Now, tap on the “Wipe cache/Dalvik” button to clean the ROM and stay away from any boot loop issues.
- Hit on “Reboot System” button!
Wait a while, and your phone will not take more than 10 minutes to boot for the first time.
Hurray! Your Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 should have got Android 10 Pixel Experience ROM installed by now. Go to Settings > About phone to verify.
Recommended: My suggestion for you!
After installing the ROM, do install a Google Camera port to get some dope experience in the camera module on Redmi Note 8. Check out this post:
- Download GCam port for Redmi Note 8 | Android 10 supports
So, you are done with the complete tutorial. We hope you now have a piece of explicit knowledge about how to unlock the bootloader, install TWRP recovery, and flash Pixel Experience on your Redmi Note 8. If you have any further queries, kindly leave them down in the comment box. Also, if you found this post helpful, do not forget to share it on Social Media to thank us.
Leave a Reply