Find out the latest software updates of OxygenOS for OnePlus 5T from the links given below! We have listed the stable and open beta builds separately; you can download as per your choice. Stable builds are the official release by OnePlus which are totally bug-free. However, as per our experience, we found open beta builds are stable too; enough for daily use. You will get all the new features, and quick updates in open beta build. But stable updates come later once OnePlus sure that the build is entirely bug-free.
OnePlus 5T was released back on November 16, 2017, at an event held in New York City. The company promised that they would be rolling the Android 8.0 Oreo in the first quarter of 2018, and indeed, they delivered their promise. Not only that, the device got Android 9.0 Pie update too.
From Nougat to Pie, we have listed everything in the table given below. Change-logs are in a separate table. As per your choice, you can download the OxygenOS software updates for OnePlus 5T from below.
We also have a guide ahead on how to install OxygenOS on OnePlus 5T manually. We have described the clean flash as well as a dirty flash tutorial; in case you don’t know how to do that.
Download: OnePlus 5T software update timeline
Find the latest update for OnePlus 5T; in case you aren’t receiving OTA, or you might be in custom ROM; you can install it manually.
OxygenOS Open Beta for OnePlus 5T
|OnePlus 5T update||Version||Signed flashable ZIP|
|OOS Open Beta 23||Android 9.0||Download OB 23 OTA|
|OOS Open Beta 22||Android 9.0||Download OB 22 OTA|
|OOS Open Beta 21||Android 9.0||Download OB 21 OTA|
|OOS Open Beta 20||Android 9.0||Download OB 20 OTA|
|OOS Open Beta 19||Android 8.1||Download OB 19 OTA|
|OOS Open Beta 18||Android 8.1||Download OB 18 OTA|
|OOS Open Beta 17||Android 8.1||Download OB 17 OTA|
|OOS Open Beta 16||Android 8.1||Download OB 16 OTA|
|OOS Open Beta 15||Android 8.1||Download OB 15 OTA|
|OOS Open Beta 14||Android 8.1||Download OB 14 OTA|
|OOS Open Beta 13||Android 8.1||Download OB 13 OTA|
|OOS Open Beta 12||Android 8.1||Download OB 12 OTA|
|OOS Open Beta 11||Android 8.1||Download OB 11 OTA|
|OOS Open Beta 10||Android 8.1||Download OB 10 OTA|
|OOS Open Beta 09||Android 8.1||Download OB 09 OTA|
|OOS Open Beta 08||Android 8.1||Download OB 08 OTA|
|OOS Open Beta 07||Android 8.1||Download OB 07 OTA|
|OOS Open Beta 06|
|Android 8.1||Download OB 6 Hotfix|
|OOS Open Beta 06||Android 8.1||Download OB 6 OTA|
|OOS Open Beta 05||Android 8.1||Download OB 05 OTA|
|OOS Open Beta 04||Android 8.1||Download OB 04 OTA|
|OOS Open Beta 03||Android 8.0||Download OB 03 OTA|
|OOS Open Beta 02||Android 8.0||Download OB 02 OTA|
|OOS Open Beta 01|
|Android 8.0||Download OB 1 Hotfix|
|OOS Open Beta 01||Android 8.0||Download OB 01 OTA|
OxygenOS Stable for OnePlus 5T
|OnePlus 5T update||Version||Signed flashable ZIP|
|OxygenOS 5.1.7||Android 8.1||OxygenOS 5.1.7 OTA|
|OxygenOS 5.1.6||Android 8.1||OxygenOS 5.1.6 OTA|
|OxygenOS 5.1.5||Android 8.1||OxygenOS 5.1.5 OTA|
|OxygenOS 5.1.4||Android 8.1||OxygenOS 5.1.4 OTA|
|OxygenOS 5.1.3||Android 8.1||OxygenOS 5.1.3 OTA|
|OxygenOS 5.1.2||Android 8.1||OxygenOS 5.1.2 OTA|
|OxygenOS 5.1.1||Android 8.1||OxygenOS 5.1.1 OTA|
|OxygenOS 5.1.0||Android 8.1||OxygenOS 5.1.0 OTA|
|OxygenOS 5.0.4||Android 8.0||OxygenOS 5.0.4 OTA|
|OxygenOS 5.0.3||Android 8.0||OxygenOS 5.0.3 OTA|
|OxygenOS 5.0.2||Android 8.0||OxygenOS 5.0.2 OTA|
|OxygenOS 4.7.6||Android 7.1.1||OxygenOS 4.7.6 OTA|
|OxygenOS 4.7.5||Android 7.1.1||OxygenOS 4.7.5 OTA|
|OxygenOS 4.7.4||Android 7.1.1||OxygenOS 4.7.4 OTA|
|January 15, 2019 (OB 23): Updated Android security patch to 2019.01, Improvements for screen brightness control, Confirm pin without tapping √ for app locker, Improved color adaptation for navigation bar when using third-party apps.|
|December 24, 2018 (OB 22): Fixed random audio tuner crashes, General bug fixes and system stability improvements|
|November 12, 2018 (Stable 5.1.7): Supported for Project Treble, Supported IDEA India VoLTE (Default On), Improved Bluetooth stability for phone calls, Updated Android security patch to 2018.10|
Tutorial: Update OnePlus 5T manually
We have mentioned full step-by-step instructions on how to update OnePlus 5T. If you are entirely new to rooting, flashing a Custom ROM or an Official Firmware, please read the entire tutorial once before actually performing it on your device.
You must be having the following requirements to be fulfilled before you head down to the tutorial below.
- Make sure your phone has at least 80 – 85% charge. If not, please do charge it before starting the experiment.
- This tutorial will WIPE OUT all your DATA. Make sure to create a Backup of everything before starting the tutorial.
- You need to perform a Dalvik Cache wipe in recovery mode before and after installing the ROM.
- You need to enable USB Debugging mode to connect your Android phone to computer. (Settings > About Phone > Build number > Tap it 7 times to become developer; Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging).
OnePlus USB Driver
Make sure you have correctly installed OnePlus USB Driver on your computer. If not, please download it from our USB Driver Section below and install it correctly. Otherwise, your computer will not be able to detect your device.
Backup for a safe side
We don’t know when anything goes wrong. For a safe side, please do backup your device before starting this tutorial. Moreover, this tutorial will wipe all your data and system. We don’t want anyone to lose their personal data by performing our tutorial. We have some Application list that may help you:
If you had TWRP installed, we suggest you make a full Nandroid backup of your system. In case, if your experiment fails for some reason, you can simply restore them with your existing files.
Method #1: How to install OnePlus 5T update manually using TWRP Recovery
- Download the OnePlus 5T Update from the above table on your computer.
- Now, connect the device to your PC using the USB cable (preferably, the official one, provided by OnePlus with the phone box).
- Copy and paste the downloaded zip file to the internal storage of your phone.
- Switch Off your phone and disconnect the cable.
- Press and hold Volume Down and Power Button together to enter into the recovery mode!
- Once you are in the TWRP recovery mode, perform a full data wipe by tapping on “WIPE” Button. Also, perform a factory reset by swiping on the “Swipe to Factory Reset” option at the bottom.
- Go back to main menu (TWRP Home) and tap on “Install” button. From the list, choose the zip file that you have copied in Step 3.
- Confirm the installation by swiping the “Swipe to Confirm Flash” option on the next screen.
- Now, tap on the “Wipe cache/dalvik” button to clean the ROM and stay away from any boot loop issues.
- Hit on “Reboot System” button!
Wait a while, and your phone may take up to 10 minutes to boot for the first time.
Method #2: How to install OnePlus 5T update manually using Stock Recovery
- Download the complete ZIP file from the table above.
- Transfer the file to the internal storage of your phone.
- Switch off your phone.
- Wait for 5-10 seconds after the screen goes off.
- Now, boot your OnePlus 5 into recovery mode using the button combination
⌊ Press and hold Power + Volume down button together until you see the phone boot into recovery mode.
- Once you are in recovery mode, Select “Install from internal storage/Install from local,” find your .zip file and click on “Install” to confirm.
- The installation should start now. Please wait till the procedure completes.
- Now, perform a Wipe data and Cache in the recovery.
- Reboot and you are done!
Now your phone will be boot with the firmware that you had just installed. Just follow the on-screen instruction to make the phone ready to use.
Which method should you use to install OnePlus 5T Update?
Both of the methods mentioned above are safe and secure. One is via custom recovery, and another is via stock (official recovery). So don’t get confused. If you don’t have TWRP installed from before, you can opt method #2. But if you like clean and fresh installation, you should go for method #1.
Rooting and other stuff
So if you are done with the firmware update, you can do a little extra. Rooting will open the door for modification of your phone. Try out this guide:
Once you rooted your device, you will be able to use some cool application like Viper4Android and Dolby Atmos. Also, try Xposed Firmware, where you will get a lot of modules with which you can tweak your device in the way you love.
If you are a stock wallpaper fan, we also have a vast collection that you may like. Check out from the link below:
- Droidfeats Stock Wallpaper collection | extracted from various brand firmware
Recommended articles for you:
So you are done with this tutorial! You had successfully updated OnePlus 5T to the latest firmware using our guide. If you faced any problem with performing this tutorial, please let us know by dropping a comment below. Our team will reply you back as soon as possible.