From this guide, you will be able to unlock the bootloader on Huawei Mate 30 Pro 5G using an official method. After that, you can install TWRP custom recovery and root your device. The guide ahead is written in detail so that a first time user would find it easy. A complete beginner’s tutorial, along with the essential tips are given below; read ahead!
The Huawei Mate 30 Pro 5G was released back in October 2019 by the Chinese giant, loaded with Android 10 OS. Powered by HiSilicon Kirin 990 5G, the device got 6.53″ OLED display wraps around the sides. If you are a Huawei fan, purchased this device, and looking forward to unlocking the bootloader of Mate 30 Pro 5G, you can follow the important steps ahead.
The new Huawei Mate 30 Pro 5G offers exceptionally high hardware with 5G support. Folks, whether you have bought your Huawei Mate 30 Pro 5G, or if you guys are thinking of buying it, this is an excellent guide to look at how you can unlock the bootloader of the new phone to update it manually, root, or even modify it with third-party mods. This will all happen as soon as you unlock the bootloader.
Huawei is an enthusiast brand. Their devices ship with a locked bootloader, but still, they allow users to unlock it. So, we will be using the official method to be precise. Read further below for more tips!
Kirin 990 5G is all about AI, fast image processing, and high performance. So, let’s unlock the bootloader and utilize its full potential.
- Install ADB and Fastboot driver!
- You need to enable USB Debugging mode to connect your Android phone to computer. (Settings > About Phone > Build number > Tap it 7 times to become developer; Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging).
- Make sure your phone has at least 80 – 85% charge. If not, please do charge it before starting the experiment.
- Obtain the product ID of your Huawei device: Open the dialer app and enter *#*#1357946#*#* to fetch the Product ID.
- Note down the IMEI number and product serial number of your phone. Go to Setting > About > Status. Alternately, you can find it on the box of your phone.
The method for unlocking the bootloader is quite easy; we have a detailed guide below, along with the essential tools that you need to keep on hand. All the download links are given below, along with a complete step by step tutorial. Read ahead and do not skip a single part.
About HUAWEI Mate 30 Pro 5G
|Network||GSM / HSPA / LTE / 5G|
|Chipset||HiSilicon Kirin 990 5G (7 nm+)|
|Memory||128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM, 512GB 8GB RAM, UFS 3.0|
|Primary Camera||40 MP, f/1.6, 27mm (wide), 1/1.7″, PDAF, OIS, 8 MP, f/2.4, 80mm (telephoto), 1/4.0″, PDAF, OIS, 3x optical zoom, 40 MP, f/1.8, 18mm (ultrawide), 1/1.54″, PDAF|
|Front Camera||32 MP, f/2.0, 26mm (wide), 1/2.8″, 0.8µm, TOF 3D, (depth/biometrics sensor)|
|Display||OLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors|
|Size||6.53 inches, 108.7 cm2 (~94.1% screen-to-body ratio)|
|Resolution||1176 x 2400 pixels, 18.5:9 ratio (~409 ppi density)|
|OS||Android 10.0; EMUI 10|
|Versions||All versions: LIO-N29 (Global), LIO-AL10, LIO-TL10 (China)|
The phone is still on Android 10 (at the time of writing this tutorial), but it doesn’t mean that it won’t get Android 11. We are not sure if the OEM will roll further updates on Mate 30 Pro 5G or not, but can expect something wondrous from the Custom ROM developers.
Once you unlock your phone, you can install a custom recovery like TWRP and flash Magisk ZIP to root. We also have a tutorial on how to root HUAWEI Mate 30 Pro 5G using Magisk or SuperSU utility. So proceed to the guide below, but before starting the tutorial, check out some vital information and pre-requisites mentioned ahead, which would be required while unlocking.
Benefits of Unlocking Bootloader on HUAWEI Mate 30 Pro 5G
There are many benefits of Unlocking Bootloader on an Android device. Android Enthusiast or super users love to use root App from Play Store and XDA forum. So, for them, Unlocking Bootloader is the first step to experiment. Some of the main benefits of Unlocking Bootloader are:
- Rooting: You can root your device using Magisk or SuperSU once you have an unlocked phone.
- Custom ROM: You can try out some of the cool Custom ROM out there in the community forum for your device.
- Custom Recovery: You can replace your current stock recovery with Custom Recovery like TWRP. Recovery helps on flashing any kind of supported ZIP files on your device.
- System modification: You can modify your Android OS in the way you want using some Xposed Modules or Magisk Modules.
- Clean Flash: Sometimes, updating software via OTA can cause bootloop issues on your device because of existing cache from the older OS. You can clean flash the official ROM ZIP using TWRP by erasing the previous version, which gives a fresh OS.
Thanks to Huawei for providing a simple mechanism to unlock the bootloader with the fastboot tool. But before heading to the tutorial, please check out the pre-requisites. Make sure to fulfill all before proceeding to the tutorial.
Please read the cautions carefully before starting the tutorial on unlocking the bootloader of Mate 30 Pro 5G (official method).
- After unlocking the bootloader, everything from your phone will be erased. So, make sure to keep the backup of your important data before heading to the tutorial. (Backup Tips are given below).
- This unlocking may have an unforeseeable impact on your Mate 30 Pro 5G.
- Some functions may stop working because of the entry of third-party firmware, like the photo-taking function of the camera.
- It may damage your phone if you do something wrong with system files.
- Your phone’s security may break on unlocking the bootloader. Personal, confidential data may get leaked. So, be careful.
- Unlocking bootloader may break the OTA link on your device. So, you may not be able to get the latest EMUI in the future update from the OEM. In that case, you have to update your device manually.
Backup HUAWEI Mate 30 Pro 5G (Warning)
Unlocking the bootloader on HUAWEI Mate 30 Pro 5G will erase everything from your phone. This includes SMS, photos, apps, videos, games, contacts, or anything on your internal storage. So, before proceeding to the tutorial, make sure to back up everything from your device. This backup application list might help you:
Once you are sure that you have completely backed up your data, proceed to the tutorial below to unlock bootloader on HUAWEI Mate 30 Pro 5G using fastboot.
Download Huawei Mate 30 Pro 5G USB driver
Make sure you have correctly installed HUAWEI Mate 30 Pro 5G USB Driver on your computer. If not, please download from any official source and install it correctly. Otherwise, your computer will not detect your device.
How-To: Unlock Bootloader on Huawei Mate 30 Pro 5G
We have mentioned the full step-by-step instructions on how to unlock bootloader on Huawei Mate 30 Pro 5G using official method. If you are entirely new to rooting, flashing a Custom ROM or an Official Firmware, please read the entire tutorial once before actually performing it on your device.
Step #1: Fetch the unlock code
- Log on to the Official Huawei Bootloader Unlock request page.
- Fill the details and click on “REGISTER” button. You will be redirected to the agreement page, where you need to check the box for “I have read and accepted all terms above” and continue.
- Provide the necessary pieces of information and get the 16-digit Unlock Code for your Huawei Mate 30 Pro 5G.
- Choose the option “Since EMUI” from the list.
- Enter the product serial number, the IMEI number, and the product ID of the phone and hit “Commit“.
- You will get the 16-digit unlock code in a pop-up window. Note down the number and save it somewhere.
Step #2: Unlock Bootloader on Huawei Mate 30 Pro 5G
- Switch OFF your Huawei Mate 30 Pro 5G.
- Press and hold [Volume Down] + [Power] buttons and release the [Power] button when the device vibrates.
- Your device should be in recovery mode. So, connect your phone to the computer using a compatible USB cable.
- Boot into Fastboot mode. In the Minimal ADB and Fastboot terminal, type the following command and HIT enter:
adb reboot bootloader
- Once you are in the Fastboot mode, enter the following command:
fastboot oem unlock your-unlock-password
(Enter the 16-digit Unlock Code in place of your-unlock-password)
- That’s it! Your device is now unlocked and ready for rooting!
How to root Huawei Mate 30 Pro 5G?
Done with the bootloader unlocking on Huawei Mate 30 Pro 5G? You might be looking forward to rooting your phone. Don’t worry; we have a detailed guide on that too. Check out the link below:
We have tons of guides, article, and tips for Android on our blog, but we think you might be interested in the following post:
- Top 50+ Android apps for rooted devices in 2020
- Download YouTube Vanced APK latest (for any Android)
- Xposed Hub: Download and install Xposed Framework on any Android device
- Substratum theme engine tutorial – (Install it on any device)
- Google Camera ports download (FULL List, all devices)
- Stock wallpapers: Ported wallpapers from various flagship devices (premium quality)
So you are done with this tutorial! You had successfully unlocked bootloader on Huawei Mate 30 Pro 5G using our guide. If you faced any problem with performing this tutorial, please let us know by dropping a comment below. Our team will reply you back as soon as possible.
Is this post helpful? Please do share it on Social Media to THANK US.