Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus One UI update are now available to download. You can easily install One UI on your Galaxy S8/S8+ using the tutorial given below! We have also provided the direct download link to the One UI Pie firmware for Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus. Read ahead.
The firmware version comes with build numbers G950FXXU4DSBA and G955FXXU4DSBA for Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus respectively. The OTA weigh 1.6 GB approximately. But before proceeding to the manual tutorial, make sure you had checked for the automatic update by navigating to Settings > Software update option on your phone. If the update is available there, you can easily do the automatic upgrade. If not, you can proceed to the tutorial below and manually update Galaxy S8 / S8+ to Android 9.0 Pie One UI official firmware.
This update is now rolling out via OTA (Over-the-air) in several regions including Germany, India, and the Netherlands. But those who were already participating on the One UI beta program are still not getting the stable update. If you are one of the beta users, or you are still on the stable Oreo, this tutorial will be perfect for you. The instruction given below will get your Samsung Galaxy S8/S8+ to Android 9.0 Pie One UI official firmware using Odin software and stock recovery.
Why manual update via Odin?
Manual installation of Samsung stock firmware is required for the following reasons:
- Bricked device: In case, your Galaxy S8 has been bricked while trying any custom ROM or mods, you can manually update your phone to recover and get back to stock position.
- OTA problem: If you aren’t getting direct OTA from Samsung due to carrier or region problem, you can download Samsung stock firmware and flash it to your phone using Odin tool.
- Rooted device: Rooting opens the window to customize your Android phone. But sometimes, this root status can break the OTA links. That’s why you might not be able to update your phone directly.
- Custom ROM: If you had installed any custom ROM like LineageOS, it is inevitable that there is no way to get official OTA. You need to flash the PDA and other files using Odin to get back to stock ROM.
- Bootloop: Facing bootloop issues due to some root apps or some Xposed modules? Manual update will help you!
Galaxy S8 / S8+ One UI Android 9.0 Pie features
One UI for Galaxy S8 / S8 Plus is on stable stage. This build contain massive changes including the whole new One UI skin. All the Android 9.0 Pie features by Google are integrated as well.
Android 9.0 is a significant system update from Android 8.1 Oreo that brings a bunch of new features and improvements. Being based on the latest irritation of Android, the update carries all the Android 9.0 goodies.
- Gesture-based navigation
- Adaptive Battery
- Refreshed notification
- Rotation suggestion
- App Actions
- Text Classifier and Smart Linkify
- Neural Networks API 1.1
- New system navigation
- Display cutout
- Notifications and smart reply
- Text Magnifier
- Biometric prompt
- Protected Confirmation
- Stronger protection for private keys
- DNS over TLS
- HTTPS by default
- Compiler-based security mitigations
- Multi-camera API and other camera updates
- HDR VP9 Video and HEIF image compression
- Enhanced audio with Dynamics Processing
- ImageDecoder for bitmaps and drawables
- Wi-Fi RTT for indoor positioning
- Data cost sensitivity in JobScheduler
- Open Mobile API for NFC payments and secure transactions
- ART performance
- Optimized for Kotlin
- Modern Android
LIKE this One UI Stock Firmware for Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus? We love it too, and we know you are looking forward to installing it on your phone. Please read the important information below before starting the tutorial.
Download One UI stable build for Galaxy S8 (G950F/FD)
|Model||Software version||Fast Download link|
|SM-G950F/FD||Android 9 (One UI)||G950FXXU4DSBA|
Download One UI stable build for Galaxy S8 Plus (G955F/FD)
|Model||Software version||Fast Download link|
|SM-G955F/FD||Android 9 (One UI)||G955FXXU4DSBA|
Since this is an official update by Samsung, not a custom ROM, don’t expect any additional tweaks or pre-installed apps. But this build will definitely help you to bring your phone to an updated stock position.
This guide is specific to Samsung Galaxy S8 G950F/FD and S8 Plus G955F/FD models only. Please do not try this on any other Samsung phones. Make sure to check the specific model number:
- Go to Settings > About phone > Model number.
Galaxy S8/S8+ USB Driver
Make sure you have correctly installed Galaxy S8/S8+ USB Driver on your computer. If not, please download from any official source and install it correctly. Otherwise, your computer will not detect your device.
Backup your Android Device
Before proceeding to the tutorial to install, we strongly recommend you to backup your important data and files from your phone. Because flashing an official firmware will erase everything from your device. We don’t want you to lose anything by following our tutorial. In that case, you can check out our list of backup app that may help you:
Samsung users can use Samsung Smart Switch to backup data on the computer. Samsung Smart Switch even allows the users to move data from one device to another of different variant (like moving data of Galaxy S8 to Galaxy S9).
Once you are sure that you made a complete backup of your necessary documents, you can move ahead to the tutorial below and update Galaxy S8/S8+ to One UI based on Android 9.0 Pie official firmware.
Tools that required for firmware installation
- Samsung USB driver: Download Samsung USB Driver.
- USB Cable: You must have the official USB cable of your device – the one that provided by Samsung.
Things to Remember
- Make sure your phone has at least 80 – 85% charge. If not, please do charge it before starting the experiment.
- This tutorial may WIPE OUT all your DATA. Make sure to create a Backup of everything before starting the tutorial.
- You need to enable USB Debugging mode to connect your Android phone to computer. (Settings > About Phone > Build number > Tap it 7 times to become developer; Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging.)
Ready now? Let’s proceed to the tutorial below, and update Galaxy S8/S8+ to One UI Android 9.0 Pie official firmware.
HOW TO: Install Android Pie on Galaxy S8 / S8 Plus (One UI Stable)
We have mentioned full step-by-step instructions on how to install Android 9.0 Pie official firmware on Galaxy S8 / S8 Plus. If you are entirely new to flashing a Custom ROM or an Official Firmware, please read the entire tutorial once before actually performing it on your device.
Download the G950FXXU4DSBA / G955FXXU4DSBA firmware from the above-given link. Next, proceed to the installation tutorial from the link below.
Please read the tutorial from the link above to install One UI Android 9.0 Pie Official Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8 Plus. The procedure has been described properly with screenshots. If you got stuck somewhere, drop your comment below, and we will help you as soon as possible.
Rooting Warning: If your device is already rooted, you are going to lose it. If you want root access, you need to root again after flashing this firmware.
|Magisk: Download Magisk [all versions] ZIP and How to quickly root your device right now!|
Custom Recovery Warning: If you have a custom recovery like TWRP installed, you are going to lose it. It will be replaced by the Stock recovery of Samsung.
|HOW TO: Install TWRP Recovery [latest] on any Android device|
Is this post helpful? Do LIKE us on the Facebook page to THANK and stay tuned with the latest updates on your social timeline.