From this post, you will be able to unlock the bootloader on Huawei P30 Pro (the superpower phone). We will be using the official method to unlock the bootloader in such a way that the first time user doesn’t get confused. A beginner guide, along with essential tips are given below; read ahead!
In the era where smartphones are upgrading similarly, Huawei has found a way to make the P30 Pro stand out as a superphone. The new flagship’s ability to see in dark is uncanny, its stamina and optical zoom is something out of this world.
The photography-focused Huawei’s flagship can compete against any other flagship like the Galaxy S20 and even the iPhones. Huawei has positioned the P series as a premier camera phone in the international market.
P30 Pro is powered by HiSilicon Kirin 980 and backed with 4,200mAh battery, which can give you up to 9 hours of screen-on time. If you are an Android enthusiast and looking forward to unlocking the bootloader of Huawei P30 Pro, you can follow the guide ahead!
Talking about the software, the P30 Pro comes with EMUI 10, a Chinese skinned operating system based on Android 10. At the same time, EMUI is not for everyone. Like iPhones, Huawei doesn’t have an app drawer by default. However, you can enable it from the settings menu if you want to keep your home screens app-free. Since the EMUI skin is not for everyone, people might be looking forward to unlocking the bootloader of P30 Pro. Once unlocked, one can install a custom recovery like TWRP and flash Custom ROMs like LineageOS 17.1, Pixel Experience, and root.
Since Huawei P30 Pro is a high ended device, it’s quite sure that the device will get several custom ROMs, recovery supports, mods, and other modifications from the developer community like XDA. So, to utilize the full benefit of your P30 Pro, you need to unlock the bootloader. This is the first step for any modification on Android smartphones.
Huawei allows unlocking the bootloader officially. However, the phone ships with a locked bootloader for security purpose and reliability as everyone is not tech-savvy — to modify the system. So, we will be using the official method to unlock the bootloader on Huawei P30 Pro; read ahead!
- Install ADB and Fastboot driver!
- You need to enable USB Debugging mode to connect your Android phone to computer. (Settings > About Phone > Build number > Tap it 7 times to become developer; Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging).
- Make sure your phone has at least 80 – 85% charge. If not, please do charge it before starting the experiment.
- Obtain the product ID of your Huawei device: Open the dialer app and enter *#*#1357946#*#* to fetch the Product ID.
- Note down the IMEI number and product serial number of your phone. Go to Setting > About > Status. Alternately, you can find it on the box of your phone.
The method for unlocking the bootloader is quite easy; we have a detailed guide below, along with the essential tools that you need to keep on hand. All the download links are given below, along with a complete step by step tutorial. Read ahead and do not skip a single part.
About Huawei P30 Pro
|Network||GSM / HSPA / LTE / 5G|
|Chipset||HiSilicon Kirin 980 (7 nm)|
|Memory||128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM, 512GB 8GB RAM, UFS 2.1|
|Primary Camera||40 MP, f/1.6, 27mm (wide), 1/1.7″, PDAF, OIS, Periscope 8 MP, f/3.4, 125mm (telephoto), 1/4.0″, PDAF, OIS, 5x optical zoom, 20 MP, f/2.2, 16mm (ultrawide), 1/2.7″, PDAF, TOF 3D, (depth)|
|Front Camera||32 MP, f/2.0, 26mm (wide), 1/2.8″, 0.8µm|
|Display||OLED capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors|
|Size||6.47 inches, 102.8 cm2 (~88.6% screen-to-body ratio)|
|Resolution||1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~398 ppi density)|
|OS||Android 9.0 (Pie), upgradable to Android 10.0; EMUI 10|
|Versions||All versions: VOG-L29, VOG-L09, VOG-L04 (Global); VOG-AL00, VOG-AL10, VOG-TL00 (China)|
The phone is still on Android 10 (at the time of writing this tutorial), but it doesn’t mean that it won’t get Android 11. We are not sure if the OEM will roll further updates on P30 Pro or not, but can expect something wondrous from the Custom ROM developers.
Once you unlock your phone, you can install a custom recovery like TWRP and flash Magisk ZIP to root. We also have a tutorial on how to root Huawei P30 Pro using Magisk or SuperSU utility. So proceed to the guide below, but before starting the tutorial, check out some vital information and pre-requisites mentioned ahead, which would be required while unlocking.
Benefits of Unlocking Bootloader on Huawei P30 Pro
There are many benefits of Unlocking Bootloader on an Android device. Android Enthusiast or super users love to use root App from Play Store and XDA forum. So, for them, Unlocking Bootloader is the first step to experiment. Some of the main benefits of Unlocking Bootloader are:
- Rooting: You can root your device using Magisk or SuperSU once you have an unlocked phone.
- Custom ROM: You can try out some of the cool Custom ROM out there in the community forum for your device.
- Custom Recovery: You can replace your current stock recovery with Custom Recovery like TWRP. Recovery helps on flashing any kind of supported ZIP files on your device.
- System modification: You can modify your Android OS in the way you want using some Xposed Modules or Magisk Modules.
- Clean Flash: Sometimes, updating software via OTA can cause bootloop issues on your device because of existing cache from the older OS. You can clean flash the official ROM ZIP using TWRP by erasing the previous version, which gives a fresh OS.
Thanks to Huawei for providing a simple mechanism to unlock the bootloader with the fastboot tool. But before heading to the tutorial, please check out the pre-requisites. Make sure to fulfill all before proceeding to the tutorial.
Backup Huawei P30 Pro (Warning)
Unlocking the bootloader on Huawei P30 Pro will erase everything from your phone. This includes SMS, photos, apps, videos, games, contacts, or anything on your internal storage. So, before proceeding to the tutorial, make sure to back up everything from your device. This backup application list might help you:
Once you are sure that you have completely backed up your data, proceed to the tutorial below to unlock bootloader on Huawei P30 Pro using fastboot.
Download Huawei P30 Pro USB Driver
Make sure you have correctly installed Huawei P30 Pro USB Driver on your computer. If not, please download from any official source and install it correctly. Otherwise, your computer will not detect your device.
How-To: Unlock Bootloader on Huawei P30 Pro
We have mentioned the full step-by-step instructions on how to unlock bootloader on Huawei P30 Pro using official method. If you are entirely new to rooting, flashing a Custom ROM or an Official Firmware, please read the entire tutorial once before actually performing it on your device.
Step #1: Fetch the unlock code
- Log on to the Official Huawei Bootloader Unlock request page.
- Fill the details and click on “REGISTER” button. You will be redirected to the agreement page, where you need to check the box for “I have read and accepted all terms above” and continue.
- Provide the necessary pieces of information and get the 16-digit Unlock Code for your Huawei P30 Pro.
- Choose the option “Since EMUI” from the list.
- Enter the product serial number, the IMEI number, and the product ID of the phone and hit “Commit“.
- You will get the 16-digit unlock code in a pop-up window. Note down the number and save it somewhere.
Step #2: Unlock Bootloader on Huawei P30 Pro
- Switch OFF your Huawei P30 Pro.
- Press and hold [Volume Down] + [Power] buttons and release the [Power] button when the device vibrates.
- Your device should be in recovery mode. So, connect your phone to the computer using a compatible USB cable.
- Boot into Fastboot mode. In the Minimal ADB and Fastboot terminal, type the following command and HIT enter:
adb reboot bootloader
- Once you are in the Fastboot mode, enter the following command:
fastboot oem unlock your-unlock-password
(Enter the 16-digit Unlock Code in place of your-unlock-password)
- That’s it! Your device is now unlocked and ready for rooting!
How to root Huawei P30 Pro?
Done with the bootloader unlocking on Huawei P30 Pro? You might be looking forward to rooting your phone. Don’t worry; we have a detailed guide on that too. Check out the link below:
We have tons of guides, article, and tips for Android on our blog, but we think you might be interested in the following post:
- Top 50+ Android apps for rooted devices in 2020
- Download YouTube Vanced APK latest (for any Android)
- Xposed Hub: Download and install Xposed Framework on any Android device
- Substratum theme engine tutorial – (Install it on any device)
- Google Camera ports download (FULL List, all devices)
- Stock wallpapers: Ported wallpapers from various flagship devices (premium quality)
So you are done with this tutorial! You had successfully unlocked bootloader on Huawei P30 Pro using our guide. If you faced any problem with performing this tutorial, please let us know by dropping a comment below. Our team will reply you back as soon as possible.
Is this post helpful? Please do share it on Social Media to THANK US.