In this post, you will be able to update your Galaxy S10 model number SM-G973F to XXU3ASH6 Android 9.0 Pie. This update comes with August 2019 security patches along with several bug fixes. But keep in mind that XXU3ASH6 Android 9.0 Pie Official Firmware is only for S10 with model number SM-G973F. This guide will help you to upgrade your device manually using Odin Flash tool in case you are not able to update it using OTA auto-update. So, read ahead, we have all the download links for necessary tools along with the firmware files.
The Galaxy S10 is the 10th-anniversary phone of S flagship line up. This phone comes with Samsung OneUI v1.1 operating system, which is based on Android 9.0 Pie. Samsung’s S series devices are the first to receive OneUI software upgrades, though the OEM has made the software available to older devices like S9, and Note 9.
The mechanics of One UI Android Pie for Galaxy S10 are intact. You can choose several home screen styles, easily access the notification shades, and control every side of the theme.
So before proceeding to the tutorial below, I would like to make sure to confirm your mobile variant for the compatibility of this firmware. Check out below:
|Dimensions||70.4 x 149.9 x 7.8mm|
|Display||6.1″(157.5mm) Super AMOLED|
|CPU||Exynos 9820 Octa|
|Camera||12 MP.CMOS F2.4 45° Telephoto & 12MP F1.5 77° & 16MP F2.2 123° Ultra-wide|
Device confirmed? Now proceed to the tutorial below 🙂
The guide is ahead below! Please make sure to read each step carefully so that you don’t get stuck in the middle of the tutorial and loss of some data. We won’t be responsible for that.
Why manual update via Odin?
Manual installation of Samsung stock firmware is required for the following reasons:
- Bricked device: In case, your Galaxy S10 SM-G973F has been bricked while trying any custom ROM or mods, you can manually update your phone to recover and get back to stock position.
- OTA problem: If you aren’t getting direct OTA from Samsung due to carrier or region problem, you can download Samsung stock firmware and flash it to your phone using Odin tool.
- Rooted device: Rooting opens the window to customize your Android phone. But sometimes, this root status can break the OTA links. That’s why you might not be able to update your phone directly.
- Custom ROM: If you had installed any custom ROM like LineageOS, it is inevitable that there is no way to get official OTA. You need to flash the PDA and other files using Odin to get back to stock ROM.
- Bootloop: Facing bootloop issues due to some root apps or some Xposed modules? Manual update will help you!
But before heading to the main tutorial, please read the change-log of this build and the new features of One UI for the Galaxy S10 G973F.
Android 9.0 for Samsung Galaxy S10 G973F details
One UI for Galaxy S10 G973F is on stable stage. This build contain massive changes including the whole new One UI skin. All the Android 9.0 Pie features by Google are integrated as well.
Android 9.0 is a significant system update from Android Oreo that brings a bunch of new features and improvements. Being based on the latest irritation of Android, the update carries all the Android 9.0 goodies.
- Gesture-based navigation
- Adaptive Battery
- Refreshed notification
- Rotation suggestion
- App Actions
- Text Classifier and Smart Linkify
- Neural Networks API 1.1
- New system navigation
- Display cutout
- Notifications and smart reply
- Text Magnifier
- Biometric prompt
- Protected Confirmation
- Stronger protection for private keys
- DNS over TLS
- HTTPS by default
- Compiler-based security mitigations
- Multi-camera API and other camera updates
- HDR VP9 Video and HEIF image compression
- Enhanced audio with Dynamics Processing
- ImageDecoder for bitmaps and drawables
- Wi-Fi RTT for indoor positioning
- Data cost sensitivity in JobScheduler
- Open Mobile API for NFC payments and secure transactions
- ART performance
- Optimized for Kotlin
- Modern Android
Note: This update comes with August 2019 security patches. They will bring the latest update soon via OTA.
LIKE this One UI Stock Firmware for Galaxy S10 G973F? We love it too, and we know you are looking forward to installing it on your phone. Please read the important information below before starting the tutorial.
This guide is specific to Samsung Galaxy S10 G973F model only. Please do not try this on any other Samsung phones. Make sure to check the specific model number:
- Go to Settings > About phone > Model number.
Download Android 9.0 stable build for Galaxy S10 G973F
|Build Date||Thu, 22 Aug 2019 08:37:52 +0000|
Galaxy S10 Plus USB Driver
Make sure you have correctly installed Galaxy S10 G973F USB Driver on your computer. If not, please download from any official source and install it correctly. Otherwise, your computer will not detect your device.
Backup your Android Device
Before proceeding to the tutorial to install, we strongly recommend you to backup your important data and files from your phone. Because flashing an official firmware will erase everything from your device. We don’t want you to lose anything by following our tutorial. In that case, you can check out our list of backup app that may help you:
Samsung users can use Samsung Smart Switch to backup data on the computer. Samsung Smart Switch even allows the users to move data from one device to another of different variant (like moving data of Galaxy S8 to Galaxy S9).
Once you are sure that you made a complete backup of your necessary documents, you can move ahead to the tutorial below and update Galaxy S10 G973F to One UI based on Android 9.0 Pie official firmware.
Tools that required for firmware installation
- Samsung USB driver: Download Samsung USB Driver.
- USB Cable: You must have the official USB cable of your device – the one that provided by Samsung.
Things to Remember
- Make sure your phone has at least 80 – 85% charge. If not, please do charge it before starting the experiment.
- This tutorial may WIPE OUT all your DATA. Make sure to create a Backup of everything before starting the tutorial.
- You need to enable USB Debugging mode to connect your Android phone to computer. (Settings > About Phone > Build number > Tap it 7 times to become developer; Settings > Developer Options > USB Debugging.)
Ready now? Let’s proceed to the tutorial below, and update Galaxy S10 G973F to One UI Android 9.0 Pie official firmware.
HOW TO: Install Android Pie on Galaxy S10 Plus G975U TMB
We have mentioned full step-by-step instructions on how to install Android 9.0 Pie official firmware on Galaxy S10 G973F. If you are entirely new to flashing a Custom ROM or an Official Firmware, please read the entire tutorial once before actually performing it on your device.
Download the firmware from the above-given link. Next, proceed to the installation tutorial from the link below.
Please read the tutorial from the link above to install One UI Android 9.0 Pie Official Firmware on Samsung Galaxy S10 SM-G973F. The procedure has been described properly with screenshots. If you got stuck somewhere, drop your comment below, and we will help you as soon as possible.
Rooting Warning: If your device is already rooted, you are going to lose it. If you want root access, you need to root again after flashing this firmware.
|Magisk: Download Magisk [all versions] ZIP and How to quickly root your device right now!|
Custom Recovery Warning: If you have a custom recovery like TWRP installed, you are going to lose it. It will be replaced by the Stock recovery of Samsung.
|HOW TO: Install TWRP Recovery [latest] on any Android device|
In case, if you want to customize your Android using Substratum, here’s the tutorial for you:
- Substratum theme engine tutorial – (Install it on any device)
Is this post helpful? Do LIKE us on the Facebook page to THANK and stay tuned with the latest updates on your social timeline.