Magisk 20.2 package is out now! On this package, the developer brings improvement over the previous version, and several bugs fixed. This build has been officially released to the stable channel; you can download and install right away from this post.
If you are looking forward to rooting your smartphone with the latest version of Magisk, you are on the correct page. You can download the Magisk 20.2 ZIP package and install it using some secure methods. If you are a regular reader of our blog, this should not be a new thing for you. But those who are new to this, check out below about what is Magisk root!
What is Magisk root?
Magisk root is the most popular root solution right now in the Android community. With its straightforward and systemless approach, along with the wide range of compatibility, most of the enthusiasts and developers rely on Magisk to gain root access on their phones. Recently, John Wu (aka topjohnwu), the developer behind Magisk, announced Magisk 20.2 iteration, which is meant to address bugs and carry general improvements.
Apart from the systemless approach, Magisk also comes with its own set of proprietary modular support, which is called a Magisk Module. You can access it from the Magisk Manager app itself. These modules can give you extra features that you won’t be able to find in stock firmware. Further, a third-party developer can create Magisk Modules and publish on their platform for specific devices. If you are looking to root your phone in 2020, Magisk 20.2 ZIP is here for you. The download link for Magisk 20.2 is given below, along with the tutorial to install; read ahead!
Changelog of Magisk 20.2
These are the complete technical changes and updates on Magisk 20.2 stable version:
- Properly handle communication between daemon and application (root request prompt)
- Fix logging in kmsg
- Support patching dtb/dtbo partition formats
- Support pre-init sepolicy patch in modules
- Update magisk stock image backup format
Changelog of Magisk Manager v7.5.0
- Support new MagiskSU communication method (ContentProvider)
- Fix several issues with hidden stub APK
- Support using BiometricPrompt (face unlock)
Download Magisk 20.2 ZIP stable package
Here’s the download link for Magisk 20.2 ZIP:
- Download ZIP file: Magisk-v20.2.zip
- APK file (optional): Magisk-Manager-v7.5.0.apk
- Size: 5.36MB
- All versions: Full downloads repository
- Magisk-Uninstaller-20200102.zip (in case, you decide to uninstall it later)
Previous releases of Magisk root:
The new Magisk 20.2 version can be flashed via TWRP Custom Recovery. If you are already in the previous version of Magisk, you don’t need to install it using recovery. You can directly update it using the stable channel. Check out how to update Magisk in the tutorial ahead.
HOW TO: Install Magisk v20.2 Universal Systemless Interface
There are two methods to install Magisk:
- Flash the Magisk 20.2 ZIP using TWRP recovery.
- Patch the stock boot image of your current firmware and flash it using fastboot.
However, the second method is not recommended for novice users since it is quite tricky. You need to familiarize with the steps before you proceed with it. Both methods are described in our detailed tutorial below:
For those who have already installed Magisk 16.4 or older, follow these steps to update it:
How to update Magisk root to Magisk 20.2 stable
- Open the Magisk Manager app.
- Find ‘Settings’ on the menu icon on the top-left.
Scroll down to find ‘Update Channel’ and tap it. Select the option ‘Stable’ since that is the latest version that you will be upgrading to. Return to the Main screen and refresh by swiping the screen down. The refresh will automatically provide a pop up which provides an option to update the software.
Tap on ‘Install’ or in some devices ‘Direct Install.’ The latest Magisk 20.2 installer will do the work automatically. Reboot the device by tapping the ‘Reboot’ button.
Remember that the Magisk Manager will also be automatically be updated to the latest version.
- Use the MagiskHide to prevent apps from accessing root or root detection.
After the reboot, the Magisk Manager 7.5.0 will be automatically installed, and you can proceed to browse through the official repository and download required modules to add extra features on your Android Device.
So you are done with this tutorial! You had successfully installed the latest Magisk 20.2 using our guide. If you faced any problem with performing this tutorial, please let us know by dropping a comment below. Our team will reply you back as soon as possible.
Done with the rooting? Here’s something extra for you:
Check out our root based post for any Android devices:
- How to: Install Magisk Modules using Magisk Manager app
- Download Google Phone APK; Dark theme v30 Stable [PATCHED for all devices]
- How to Install Dolby Atmos on Android [all devices] – explained everything!
- Download YouTube Vanced APK LATEST (for any Android)
- Xposed Framework Hub: Download and install on any Android device
Why Magisk root?
It is a very common question that people ponder over if they haven’t yet tried it.
For those who are new to Magisk, these points will certainly peak your interest in Magisk:
- Constant and continuous app testing by Magisk for better properties integration
- Systemless approach
- It doesn’t modify any partition or memory of the device, so installation and un-installation is easy
- Magisk modules are available in Magisk Manager only.
We know the necessity to root, how to install and update Magisk and why to choose it. I hope you have a better understanding of Magisk and willing to try it out for your Android device.
[If you don’t like it, there is always the option to remove it with just a few clicks.]
There is numerous root software but, many don’t sustain the community due to various reasons like stability, too many bugs and errors, zero improvement and more.
Magisk doesn’t belong to that category since the latest version explains a lot about its stability and the increase in users proves its popularity among Android community.
I hope you will try to install Magisk to have your Android device more personalized by customizing it to suit your style and taste.